Window world lie about$189.00 windows

advertise for a 189.00 window, but when the sales reps come to home, nothing is 189.00.

More Review Details

Helpful? 8 Yes 8 38 No 38
Had the same issue 33 Yes 33
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 29 #1103064

Those guys are no different than car dealers and ac thieves. They will charge you as much as they can get you to pay

Jan 17 #1096109

I used their services replaced 7 window. The best thing I ever did. With energy efficiency Windows. They were 100 percent perfect my electric bill dropped 25-50$ a month. I'm in the process off doing my second home now with them.

Jan 11 #1092485

My windows were great. $189 on a wood house. Brick home will be more to tear out old window. They did a superior job for me and my daughter.

Jun 27, 2015 #1000312

they should pass a law stopping company's like this form lying and scamming people..

3 1 Reply

Jun 01, 2015 #990358

You really expected quality windows for $189? You must be some kind of special ***. If you pay for something and it seems too good to be true, it is. So many of you take the lowest price and somehow expect great service. Number one piece of advise when working on home improvement project is to visit the vendor's office and see what it looks like. If he is doing business out of a storage unit and a pickup, run. Review online and BBB sites before giving anyone a flipping nickel.

3 6 Reply

Oct 29, 2015 #1055575

Hey asswipe, its actually true. I personally paid for 189.00 for EACH window from Window World in GA so quit putting people down. They were AWESOME windows!! Not sure if they changed the price but back then it was the real deal and very high quality double pane windows that open from the inside. Now who's the loser? Mr. Anonymous that's who.

0 1 Reply

Dec 17, 2015 #1080022

for your information,i just had windows installed last year and they ARE NOT 189 so I gues you really are the loser and liar! they tell you it is that price but after they add their extras,it comes out more than 189!

Oz

Jan 29 #1103061

Why must good Windows be expensive? I have looked at cheap Windows and the most expensive and they all seem to be much more similar than different. Is us pec that there is a huge profit margin on this product. When you mass produce them how can it be so costly to slap together some cheap recycled vinyl into a frame and install glass and hardware that you buy from someone else?

Apr 24, 2015 #976095

cpmplaints about 189 dollar window

andyinjaxon

Dec 29, 2014 #922651

I got 5 windows from window world 08/2013. The windows fog up in the kitchen and I have not seen any reduction in my utility bill. I only replaced the windows in my living room and kitchen and the cost was over $2200, I a really disappointed in their product and would not refer these windows to any friends or relatives.

3 0 Reply

Apr 24, 2014 #808597

I am complaining because of the customer service! I purchased windows from them & they were supposed to be installed on Friday, April 18, 2014. However, it was pouring down rain. So, I called them to cancel. NO ONE ANSWERED EVERY TIME I CALLED, Found out it was Good Friday. However, I did get a call from the installer who was already on his way with our windows. I told him it was raining and that I tried to call the office/sales room and no one answered. He told me they had a holiday - Good Friday! Really! Why do the installers have to work with no one manning the customer service calls in case of issues like rain! Okay so I have to wait until Monday. NO ONE called me. I had to call them. I scheduled it for today, April 245h. They assured me I would be the first on their installations. They told me to expect the people between 9 and 11 a.m. It is NOW 11:30 and they are still not here. Oh, they called me about an hour ago and said it would be a little after 11. Yea right. I hate waiting at doctors' offices but having to wait on a product that you have spent a lot of money on as well as no customer service when they are sending out installers on a holiday with no customer service call center, is not very good customer appreciation.

2 6 Reply
no more BS

Apr 09, 2014 #803646 Elkhart, Indiana

You are right 189.00 a Big lie ....12 windows for a ranch style house $ 6,956.00. What Washington math 12 x 189.00 = $ 6,456.00

3 0 Reply
Honesty and Integrity

Apr 10, 2014 #803886

What did you add on - we had basic white windows put in for less than 400 each and no one came in less. It seems you are upgrading the basic window.
We love our windows
Honesty and Integrity

3 3 Reply
Not dealing with Window World

Mar 07, 2013 #619730 Christiansburg, Virginia

Had an estimate today because i saw the advertisement of Any Window, any size $189 on their tv advertisement. Fr one replacement bedroom window, normal size, $387. Despite me telling them I would dispose of my own window (father-in-law recycles them), they still wanted to charge me $115 for that. Fir three windows and a door, they estimated th cost at $7525. REALLY? I can go to Lowe's and do the same job with the same materials for under $1500. Their tv ad is clearly false advertising because they say $189 installed. $387 is not $189.

4 1 Reply
Wow, the compaints!

Nov 04, 2012 #564379

for Robin......."Phone Book?" Progressive companies watching the bottom line in very competitive markets just do not advertise in the phone book anymore-the return on investment is next to $0.00. Have your son or daughter make a Christmas tree out of it like we did when we were young. Then recycle it.
A quality vinyl replacement window from a reputable company should cost you about $800 per window on average. This would have low e glass, and standard trim molding on the interior with complete installation, tax, and permits if required.

3 1 Reply
High Volume Replamnet Window C

Nov 04, 2012 #564378

Sorry to say but a Headline of "Any Window $189.00" is just not realistic. When reading these headline offers you really need to think about what the saying your long past relatives told you. "WHAT THE BIG PRINT GIVETH THE SMALL PRINT TAKETH AWAY," IF IT SOUND TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS."

So come on...Please $189.00 for a replacement window....REALLY. What about quality, warranty, who is going to install this and then come back when it leaks destroying your Pergo floor which needs to be totally replaced because when the water penetrated backing and the boards just warped and popped up.

And please do not try to do it yourself, it seems easy but if you do it wrong, there again it will leak. I haven't even talked about measuring and ordering the window and getting it correct. I have had employees mess that up more than I care to admit.

2 0 Reply
C

Jul 03, 2012 #506272

Like others, saw the "$189 ANY window installed" deal. Estimator came out yesterday and said the total for four windows would be over $1300. False advertising.

4 0 Reply
Slate

Mar 14, 2013 #623030 Saint Paul, Minnesota

You should read the add $189 any white Double hung window - note you have to pay for extras just like any thing low-e, argon,brick mold wrap

You should look at the whole ad before making a false statements your self :grin

5 11 Reply

Jun 12, 2015 #994496

Had the estimater at the house pricing on window for 453.50 I just told him there is the door please leave. When to ace hardware store got a window for 180 and installed it. I am very happy with ace hardware.

Randy

Oct 19, 2015 #1050688 O Fallon, Illinois

They came to my house and I also got an estimate for right at $2,000 for 5 windows replaced..this from the starting price of the $189.00 any size window installed. My windows are all 29 x 54 that need replacing. They fail to tell you that they no longer do the $189.00 installed...installation is now in addition to the $189. The windows run about $400.00 a piece installed...thats the low end window...they go up from there depending on the insulating gas and UV protections you want. I agree their ads are somewhat misleading. It also takes several weeks from the time you order the windows until the time they can install them. Plan on about 2 months from measuring your windows until they come out to install. BTW, the same exact window that they are selling for $189.00 can be purchased at Lowes for $115.00...if you know someone who can install them.

0 1

1-20 of 59 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.