window world lie about$189.00 windows

advertise for a 189.00 window, but when the sales reps come to home, nothing is 189.00... a d g dd d d e r f g f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f

c3309bb review #160329
5 Helpful? 29
Had the same issue9 Comments45 Report
Had an experience with Window World?  Submit review about this company

Apr 24

I am complaining because of the customer service! I purchased windows from them & they were supposed to be installed on Friday, April 18, 2014. However, it was pouring down rain. So, I called them to cancel. NO ONE ANSWERED EVERY TIME I CALLED, Found out it was Good Friday. However, I did get a call from the installer who was already on his way with our windows. I told him it was raining and that I tried to call the office/sales room and no one answered. He told me they had a holiday - Good Friday! Really! Why do the installers have to work with no one manning the customer service calls in case of issues like rain! Okay so I have to wait until Monday. NO ONE called me. I had to call them. I scheduled it for today, April 245h. They assured me I would be the first on their installations. They told me to expect the people between 9 and 11 a.m. It is NOW 11:30 and they are still not here. Oh, they called me about an hour ago and said it would be a little after 11. Yea right. I hate waiting at doctors' offices but having to wait on a product that you have spent a lot of money on as well as no customer service when they are sending out installers on a holiday with no customer service call center, is not very good customer appreciation.

0 2 Reply
no more BS

Apr 09 Elkhart, Indiana

You are right 189.00 a Big lie ....12 windows for a ranch style house $ 6,956.00. What Washington math 12 x 189.00 = $ 6,456.00

Honesty and Integrity

Apr 10

What did you add on - we had basic white windows put in for less than 400 each and no one came in less. It seems you are upgrading the basic window.
We love our windows
Honesty and Integrity

0 2 Reply
Not dealing with Window World

Mar 07, 2013 Christiansburg, Virginia

Had an estimate today because i saw the advertisement of Any Window, any size $189 on their tv advertisement. Fr one replacement bedroom window, normal size, $387. Despite me telling them I would dispose of my own window (father-in-law recycles them), they still wanted to charge me $115 for that. Fir three windows and a door, they estimated th cost at $7525. REALLY? I can go to Lowe's and do the same job with the same materials for under $1500. Their tv ad is clearly false advertising because they say $189 installed. $387 is not $189.

Wow, the compaints!

Nov 04, 2012

for Robin......."Phone Book?" Progressive companies watching the bottom line in very competitive markets just do not advertise in the phone book anymore-the return on investment is next to $0.00. Have your son or daughter make a Christmas tree out of it like we did when we were young. Then recycle it.
A quality vinyl replacement window from a reputable company should cost you about $800 per window on average. This would have low e glass, and standard trim molding on the interior with complete installation, tax, and permits if required.

High Volume Replamnet Window C

Nov 04, 2012

Sorry to say but a Headline of "Any Window $189.00" is just not realistic. When reading these headline offers you really need to think about what the saying your long past relatives told you. "WHAT THE BIG PRINT GIVETH THE SMALL PRINT TAKETH AWAY," IF IT SOUND TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS."

So come on...Please $189.00 for a replacement window....REALLY. What about quality, warranty, who is going to install this and then come back when it leaks destroying your Pergo floor which needs to be totally replaced because when the water penetrated backing and the boards just warped and popped up.

And please do not try to do it yourself, it seems easy but if you do it wrong, there again it will leak. I haven't even talked about measuring and ordering the window and getting it correct. I have had employees mess that up more than I care to admit.

C

Jul 03, 2012

Like others, saw the "$189 ANY window installed" deal. Estimator came out yesterday and said the total for four windows would be over $1300. False advertising.

1 0 Reply
Slate

Mar 14, 2013 Saint Paul, Minnesota

You should read the add $189 any white Double hung window - note you have to pay for extras just like any thing low-e, argon,brick mold wrap

You should look at the whole ad before making a false statements your self :grin

0 3 Reply
Jabu

Jun 08, 2012

I did the same thing about a year ago. There was a sagging floor unaednerth and rotten wood. The total bill was around $1100 if I remember correctly. That the door, materials, and 2 days of labor for two guys. You could probably have it done for $800 with a mid quality door. That's $800 per door, but you could probably negotiate a better price since you are doing 3.

MARIBEL TORRES

May 15, 2012

THE SALES RESPRESENTATIVE WAS LARRY GOODWIN,HE IS SO FRIENDLY AND EXPLAIN ALL PERFECTLY..THANK YOU SO MUCH.I BE READY FOR MY WINDOW IN A MONTH

maribel torres

May 15, 2012

si estan las ventanas a 189.00 *** la montura,yo escoji unas de mejor calidad,solo me preocupa lo que cobran si las ventanas tienen plomo..son muy amables,todo lo explican perfectamente y creo en su honestidad,inclusive el senor que vino,vio algo en mi casa y me dio un consejo,que puede sarvar la vida de cada uno de nosotros,grasias pronto pondre todas mis ventanas *** ellos..

Extensive Researcher

Nov 10, 2011

The $189 is a good value for a rental property or very low income housing. LoE/Argon is a must and every window should have for energy efficiencies. This is extra like everything else. This is a volume driven company w/ scary installers with a window that statistically does not perform compared to other windows. A successful window company cannot sell a window w/everything for under $450 if you want them to survive long term and be able to service you 10+years from now. Same price $189 for 17 years? Not that ***. Are you?

Robin

Nov 02, 2011

This company is dishonest and advertises falsely. The $189.00 advertisement is bull. It has been exactly 73 days and still no windows and no correspondence. They aren't even listed in the phone book. I had to look their number on google. ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD

Window Man

Oct 26, 2011

Compared to the quality of more expensive windows, you won't get much for $189. However, if the installation is decent and they don't fail right away, they'll probably seem like a huge improvement over the windows you replace. If you plan to stay in your home for more than 5-10 years, though, the quality will become a much greater issue. Saving now and having to replace again in 10-15 years doesn't make for much of a bargain.

kat

Oct 22, 2011

window world came out and quoted $2645 for 8 replacement windows. this is the 189.00 window. 189.00 x 7 = 913.00, add one size window only comes in higher grade + 235.00. then add $600.00 "prep to code trim kits?"(is this not installation?), +130.00 "mull to form Multi-unit" existing windows (installation?), +2 obscure glass (option I wanted),=100.00 setup & disposal fee (installation?), 179.00 permits & fees. the total order should have been by his quote = $2235.00. where'd he get 2645 from? If you include installation as they advertise -- my cost should have been $1535.00. I would pay for the permit, windows, obscure glass. What "includes installation" mean to you? I would save $1110.00 if it was how they advertise!!!!
*** prob do it myself now ** And I was given "special pricing" with a 4 day deadline to decide because I was a satisfied PAST customer in another state-8 years ago !!!!!
Just makes you think --- wouldn't you agree?!!!

Fred

Sep 12, 2011

Bought 10 windows in Nov. 2010. Installers were great and most importantly the windows are great. No fogged panes, no air leaks and no calls for service and a reduction in my heat and electric bills. Price was as agreed. I did pay more for a higher grade window, that would permit me to take the tax deduction in 2010. Very pleased and surprised at these negative comments. It must be at the local level where the problems exist and I live in Texas!

kay

Aug 10, 2011

I was not planning on getting new windows, but did want a price, they came out 2 weeks ago, we could have ordered the 189 windows ( yes installed) but we did want to go to a higher grade, ours were around 2700 for 10 windows, installed,
loved them, and the work they did

Walt

Jul 28, 2011

I've seen ads both in print and on TV regarding the $189 installed replacement window, but when I called the Fairmont, West Virginia Window World store today, I was told they have no $189 window, but do have one for $200, plus a $175 fee for measuring and disposal. What's up with the false advertising??

Cautious

May 21, 2011

Glad I checked out this website and your reviews. Can't imagine they will be in business for too long. I was planning to call WW for replacing 20 windows. I will take my business someplace else now. Looks like a sleazy operation.

Thanks for all your comments.

LOUIS

Dec 14, 2010

CHRIS, I HATE TO SAY THAT WHAT YOUY SAIS IS NOT COMMON SENCE, WINDOW WORLD SALESMAN OFFER 189.00 FOR WINDOW AND INSTALL , INSTALL MEANS INSTALL, DO YOU BUY SHOES WITH OUT LACES, A BURGER WITHOUT BREAD, A HOUSE WITH OUT THE ROOF? THERE ARE A TON OF CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE BEEN MISLEAD BY SALESMEN, SO COMMOND SENCE IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE, WHT WAS SAID IN THE ADVERSMENT AND AT THE TABLE IS.

1-20 of 45 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.