906 US-1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174, USA

June 17, 2018

After Todd Ulrich contacted Window World in Ormond Beach May 23, 2018, I was finally contacted by the manager. He said he would send someone out to patch the window.

I told him that I was told by his repair people that it could not be repaired. They suggested that the window should be replaced with vinyl. The manager arranged to come out and look at the windows on June 15, 2018. This is the reason I did not get back to you until now.

I got a call from Chad a replacement manager for Ormond Beach Window World. He was not coming out but wanted to clarify that metal should not have been used in Florida and the Warranty is not valid. I would have to pay to replace the window. The warranty I have does not specify that only vinyl is covered.

In fact I would like to have had vinyl because being an engineer I knew bronze medal in the Florida sun would get hot. I got an outside blind that could be lowered to keep the sun off the metal. The new manager said I would have to pay to fix the problem even though the previous manager told me he would pay to replace the three windows that could be replaced. I told the new manager what I was told by the previous manager so he said he would have to talk with the owner.

I am supposed to get a call Monday June 18, 2018. My point is when the salesman came to my house to give an estimate I was never told that I had a choice of metal or vinyl and that they would not guarantee their work for life even though I was handed a lifetime warranty that said it was covered. From what I read my windows should be covered. I have tried to work with them and even offered to pay to replace the other two windows that have not failed.

I really believe that the problem is the owner because when the last manager promised to replace all the windows with vinyl he was replaced with a new manager who now tells me nothing they did is covered by the warranty.

His offer was for me to replace the windows at cast until I told him what the previous manager had offered me. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: After one year dealing with Window World my window that failed has been replaced. I also had the other two windows replaced. I had to pay dealer cost for the three windows. They are vinyl frames and do look very nice now. Not my solution..

Comments