Cincinnati, Ohio

i have to warn people what window world of the queen city is doing with their windows. i have installed many,,many windows for window world in the cincy/norhtern KY area that i would NEVER put in my house.

was told to do this(or we were fired and they would find someone to make them fit) BEHIND the customers back so they didn't see what we were doing. if a sales rep mismeasured a window ( or in some cases,,,the ENTIRE house, yes,,,i have cut an ENTIRE house of windows(15) to make them fit) in stead of returning it and ordering one to fit the right way, they would have us rough cut the window on the jobsite. sometimes taking off as much as 1 3/4 inches. now,,,as an installer for nearly 17 years,,,i have NEVER came across a company that did this,,until window world.

you can only imagine what kinda problems might arise if you cut a vinyl window down to about nothing,,,just to make it fit and collect you money. good luck trying to get ahold of the manager at this store also,,,he likes to go to the gym and check out facebook during the day. many times i and the customers needed to find him,,,and found out (from the office girl) he was at the gym or on facebook. they also put people in charge that have NEVER installed a window before .

make sense ? not to me. bottom line,,,this company is very sneaky in that they will put a product in YOUR house that they wouldn't put in their own house. nothing but a headache to deal with this company.

call backs,,,extra costs,,,,no one to talk to ,,,and cutting your windows if they were measured wrong. call at your own risk

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window.

Comments

ha,,ha,,ha,,, ya right... you guys go ahead and keep cutting windows your sales reps cant measure right and see what happens in the future.your gonna have lots of windows to replace for free.

because if the factory makes them,(to the measurements given), then the frame of the window is insulated..if you cut the frame,,now you sold a window that is not what you told the homeowner they were getting. and do you think the factory(who made the windows correctly)is gonna remake them for free?

dont think so. homeowners beware

Window World carries a lifetime warranty. If a customer has issues with windows, they simply call to correct the problem.

This warranty includes craftmanship. Seems to me there are a few installers that couldn't meet Window Worlds standards and got canned.

hate to hear that. its so easy to the job the right way with windows.

but they do not worry about quality. lucky that's all you had to have shaved off. i have seen a lot more cut off windows. your best bet would be to complain to corporate.

don't know how much that will help ya tho.i wrote them a few page letter telling them what was going on at this window world in Cincinnati.everyone is connected to the top tho.so words and info( on the cut windows) get pushed under the carpet.until people realize what they are getting when they call this company. nothing will change.all i can do is tell my side of how that store is run.

there are companies out there that do care about quality. i really hope people start looking closer at this company

Yes, window world of Peoria, Ill.also cut my window frames down because they were not measured correctly. No they did not use a flush trim router to remove the additional eighth inch needed- their "carpenter extraordinaire" used a free hand circular saw.

You can guess the lousy aesthetic result, poor fit and broad daylight visible gaps. Additionally to my horror, I went into one room during an installation and found a teenage doofus installer taking a hammer and prybar (ostensibly being used as a wood chisel) to trim back my 120 y.o. red birch window sill to make a window fit properly.I kid you not, he was swinging his hammer at the prybar on this beautifully crafted 1690 red birch window like he was chopping fire wood. Real ***.

Any reputable window installer will also plumb, level and shim windows to avoid future "racking_" and poor window alignment. I watched Window world of Peoria install all of my windows with the "shove it in the hole" technique, put a few screws in the the side pockets and spread liberally unpaintable silicone caulk in irregular lumps around the exterior window frame. Fast and sloppy is their game.

Hired an attorney, but the nuisance factor and dollar amounts vs. attorney fees too small to pursue.Good luck

im glad you had a good exp. with them.

i installed for them,,,so i know what goes on. they r very sneaky and do some unbelievable things to their windows. they will have problems with their windows they cut on the job site to make fit. sooner or later.

why do you think they come out to measure before ordering? so they can be put together at the joints properly,,,and sealed. now,,,when you miss measure a window,,,you re-order it so it fits. not with window world.

they tell you to go out of site of homeowner ,,cut it,,,and make it fit. so you are in turn cutting away the structure of the window sent from the factory. doesnt sound like a window i want in my house.

say what you want,,,but i believe people out there need to hear the bad,,,just like you told them you had a good exp. i would want to hear both sides before i decided.

I have noticed that someone with the "handle" installer 40 has been making completely false accusations about window world allover this site. This is so wrong and I hope that consumers are smart enough to get facts.

My windows from window world are awesome, three years in, this is the best home improvement we have ever done. We have done just about everything possible to our high end older home. The quality, price and people are top notch. This company is the real deal...

Clearly many are a bit envious of their success???!!! :) :)

ha,,ha,ha,,thats funny . dont think they would publish all my customers comments in the WW news letter if the were bad. try again

Looks like a *** poor installer that got canned for *** work to me! Quit grasping for straws.

Very typical. :cry

i am glad you had a good experience with them. and no,,im not a competitor.every company can says the same thing about the rest of them.

and cut throats are the name of this business,, doesnt matter what field of trade you are in(drywall,,carpentry,,,electrition,,roofer,,,etc...,,,if you want the job,,,you are obviously going to say your product and service is better. all im doing here is letting people know what was done with some windows,,,because sooner then later ,,they will start having trouble with them. if you have problems in the future with your windows,,,and come to find out they did things that were not supposed to be ,,that caused the prob,,,wouldnt you like to know? or be aware of it just incase?

im thinking the first prob they will have is warping.

because of how much was cut off the window,,,,the frame that was made to keep it from warping is GONE. just rememeber this complaint if you ever hear of something similar thru people or the news.

I have a hard time believing this, I had Window World of Queen City install windows in my house and they were great through the whole process. From all the other estimates I had every window company i had in my house talked bad about them, how there window was terrible, there installation was terrible and blah blah blah, I took this as jealousy or desparity because they couldnt compete.

No other window comapnies window was put through any kind of test that window world showed me,I was amazedby it, they have a good rating with the BBB so I decided to go with them, I learned very quickly that all the other companies were saying negative things about them because thats the only chance they could get my job. They were all cutthroat and bashed each other except for window world he put no pressure on me to buy. The manager came out to inspect the job after the installation. I thought the job was perfect they looked really nice, but he didnt agree, so they actually came back and re-did my trim on the windows in the back of the house.

I couldnt believe that they would offer to redo it especially since i thought they looked great, right then it comfirmed that i made a right choice.

once again this is why i cant hardly believe this post. Seems like a jealous cuthroat competitor, whoes probably directing customers to this site.

ahhhh,,yes,,,i sent corporate a letter,,and also to another manager at a different store. doesnt matter if ya believe me or not ,,i can voice my concerns.

im just tellin ya what went on. cant sue for lible if your not lieing,,can give ya names of homeowners with the cut windows.

Why didn't you alert the customer, the owner or WW corporate if this was true. I am sure the people that this mattered most to would not have allowed it.

WW has hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers, that is the true amazing story here. That they do so many windows with so few complaints. If it is true and you are not just a competitor you would resolve this in a more professional manner. I for one do not believe you.

An *** would notice if 2" of their window was missing. I hope they sue you for libel.

oh,,,and its not wether the homeowner would allow us to cut that much off ,,,if you can read,,,,i said we did it BEHIND their backs. so how would they know ?

all you have to do CC is go and look up my records from WW. you will find nothing but good comments.

or you could look thru the WW news letter,,all my comments were published. and the cut windows,,,well,,,wait till they start warping ,,,gonna be a lot of windows to replace .

Haha Steve your an ***. There's a reason you were fired, we need someone with a little more pride in there work. Instead of making stuff up about someone you used to work for go out and look for a job.

We have thousands of references of SATISFIED customers, that are available to any prospective customers

What customers out there would let someone saw 2" off there window and put it in. im pretty sure they have a nice beveled edge that is only about 3" so if more than half of the window is missing don't you think a customer would notice.