We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings.BIG MISTAKE!!
I wish we would have paid the extra $1,500-2,500 and went with another company because WW is a rip-off (whole house install was approx $8,000). Our windows were initially installed and without any insulation for 16 months (our 20 year-old windows were less drafty so energy savings, forget about it. Also they will reimburse you if you don't see a 35% savings, but only if provide them statements from your utility company(s), but they cap this at $500 which doesn't cover the higher bills we had for over 16 months!). We found the no insulation problem after I filed a complaint with the BBB and sent the corporate office a nasty email (which was a waste of time/energy).
WW then sent a new maintenance person to check the window install and then he insulated; however, he only did the top/bottom of the windows with nothing on the sides (I guess they think windows only leak from 2 of the 4 sides). Our home has 3 very large windows that are considered "floor to ceiling" (1' off both the floor & ceiling) so we choose 3 lite sliders; however, the screens for these windows do not stay in the frame (a huge security concern since someone can walk in through the ground floor window from outside and a small child could easily fall out these windows since the other 2 are on upper floors). Additionally, I can put my hands on both sides of the windows and move them back and forth when locked (not secure, improper size, not attached to the window frame). We have had countless service calls, complained to the corporate and local offices, yet they refuse to make any further effort to fix these issues with the big windows (we also have a casement window (crank-out) on the 2nd floor that will not seal/lock correctly).
Ironically, our neighbor had Hanson's do his windows with all casements about a month prior to our install and he had significant energy savings from the very beginning. Now I wish we would have chose Hanson's, Pella, or Champion instead!!BTW, the photos below are of the 3 lite sliders when they came back out to insulate in July 2012 and the original ground floor window (that you can remove the screen and walk through).
Notice the huge shims that have no insulation behind them, the big gaps that are still visible (they crammed used fiberglass insulation in as far as they could with a pencil), the inadequate weatherstripping, and the rotting wood frame on the upstairs window that should have been replaced prior to installation (granted this is an additional $150-250?expense, but it obviously should have been done rather than installing a new window on top of a rotting piece of wood).
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Replacement Windows
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Well, I just got done removing the last of the Gutter Helmet (GH) from my house. It did keep the leaves out, but it also kept the water out..."
- "I ordered $3072.77 worth of double hung windows with lattice on Jan 4,2014 from the DFW Window World (WW) Office. The windows were installed on March 19, 2014. After install..."
- "They say that a picture tells a thousand words.... Just take a look at this. Empires professional floor installation. Instead of building up the floor after tile was removed they chose..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."