Featured Not resolved
1.9

I had 8 windows installed in late 2015. In Match of this year, i noticed a soft spot in my wall, under the window and called to get them out for service.

By late April they finally sent someone out. He said it was a caulk issue and he re-caulked all of my windows for a fee. He said everything should be sealed tight now and i should have no more issues. May rolled around and i noticed a hole in the wall underneath the window which was accompanied by a lot of mold.

I called my insurance company immediately and they discovered mold in all of the rooms where the wibdows were installed. Plus, the windows were still leaking. I lost all of my carpet and walls in 4 rooms so Window World came out again in July. I can't get drywall replaced on the walls until windows are properly sealed.

My house had to go through weeks of mold remediation and air quality testing. Windoe World still claims they aren't liable because it's a "caulk issue". Apparently they expect me to caulk every month because the caulk done in April didnt hold. I was told it was done wrong so I need to pay them to caulk again.

That's so rediculous. My house has been in containment for 8 weeks because of these windows. I can't move back in becauese there are no walls or floors but, apparently, it's my fault, not their faulty windows.

My insurance only covered the first $10,000 of mold remediation.

I'm now $7,000 in and haven't even been able to start reconstruction. Thanks Window World and whatever *** caulk you use.

Comments

Afraid to use there service after reading all these negative comments and poor work. Thanks for the heads up