1.1

We had Window World come out and replace our windows and sliding glass door about a year ago. The salesman was great and the product looked wonderful.

We thought they did a good job installing since they were quick and the guys doing the work looked like they knew what they were doing. They seemed to be knowledgeable about the installation. Fast forward about a year later and we noticed some water in our basement. We pulled up some flooring in our kitchen near our dishwasher and ended up pulling out more towards the sliding glass door because of how the laminate pieced together.

As I pulled up the flooring near the door, I discovered rotted and molded wood above where the water had been leaking into the basement. The leak, as it turns out, was coming into the house through a hole that the Window World guys left open after they installed our sliding glass door. The hole was from an area that they forgot to caulk to seal up. So we called Doug, thinking that he would like to know that an install was done incorrectly/not finished and would fix it.

So he came over and proceeded to try and reason with us telling us why it wasn't the shoddy installation job that caused the water damage but some other problem that for some reason cropped up only after the installation of the door. He went into my basement to look underneath the floorboards and stood on some storage shelving that we have built into the walls and he broke that as well. After a couple hours of reasoning and passive accusations he agreed to fix it. They came out and cut a 1'x1' square of the floorboard out where it had been the worst, replaced it and then took a 1"x4" piece of wood and just used that to splint the shelving that Doug had broken when he stood on it.

We had a few different independent contractors come over to evaluate it to see if we were at fault or not and they all said the installer was at fault. We wanted to be fair and honest and not accuse Window World if it truly wasn't their fault. On top of that, the repair the independent contractors said was needed was to remove all the mold and water damaged wood, this would included pulling drywall to check if there is mold behind it, replacing the floorboard, replacing the flooring and fixing the cross beam that's underneath the floorboard. Of these, Window World refused to do anything except replace the little bit of floor board with probably what was a scrap piece of plywood they had laying around.

I've been more than fair in giving this company ample opportunities to fix their work as I would have loved to be able to give them a glowing review. As I mentioned in the beginning, their product is great, but it turns out they are uninterested in rectifying the situation as Doug has been dodging/screening calls from me ever since.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Repair and replace all damaged property..

Comments