North Port, Florida
1.2K views

I had window world of Sarasota Fl. To installed eight Impact resistant windows in my home they did not get a in-progess inspection so the windows fail.

I call the company owner of window world of Sarasota Fl. Blain Underwood to tell him what happen, he said he would fix it. He came to my house and look at the windows and said they were install wrong that he was sorry and he would fix them. Blain sent his installer back out to the house to meet with city inspector.the inspector show the installer that the windows were attach to the Sheetrock and not to the wood window casing, and had to be removed and installed to Fl.

Code the installer's left with out doing any thing. I callBlain back he said he would get a letter from a engineering firm on the instillation. Blain came back to my home with a letter from Truner Engineering&consulting ,INC.

To meet and show the inspector, the inspector show him how the windows had been attached to the Sheetrock and had to removed and reinstalled,to meet fl.code with the city of North Port fl again Blain said he was sorry that he would get it fixed which he has not. It has been going on for over three month,DONT PAY THESE PEOPLE A DIME TILL YOU GET YOUR FINAL INSPECTION!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window.

Comments

I had no idea that impact windows were so important. My son and I just moved into a new house, and I think we need to think about getting new windows.

There are some huge storms that pass through this area, and I think it would be great to have stronger, storm resistant windows.