Nixa, Missouri

I ordered windows from window world Nov. 6, 2012. They were to be installed 6 to 8 weeks after order date. Mar 6, 2013 I have windows in my yard. Hopefully installed before dark since it is 3:45 pm. This is a contractor from Joplin (at least they finally called someone) doing the job window world should have done 2 months ago.

Would I refer window world to my worst enemy "NO". I have had nothing but bad experience with this company. I was given every excuse in the world for why my windows were setting in Springfield, Mo for 6 weeks (possibly more??)

I filed a complaint with Better Business because they gave the company approval. So yes, I checked before I called. It is sad this company can continue the bad business practices I have delt with.

Good Luck to anyone who has fallen into the "I'll save a few dollars" and can't get their window.

Value of loss, my time trying to get the company to live up to their contract.

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window.

• World

Comments

I think I may be in the same crowd. I am repairing a home to move my mother into. I must replace 18 windows and both entry doors.

I was referred to WW by a few of the neighbors. I had seen their ads on TV and felt good about calling them. The sales rep came out 5/13/13, he was an hour early and seemed extremely rushed but very pleasant. I decided to order 2 windows and see how it went. They said I would have both windows delivered and installed in 4 to 6 weeks. When I had not heard from them by July 1st I called the number on the order form, they took a message and said they would call me back with a status update. No return calls were received.

They finally called yesterday. My windows are in but can't be installed until the end of August! What happened to 4 to 6 weeks? I do not have the luxury of waiting for them to decide to install my new windows. Since they can't deliver within a reasonable time from the date stated on the order form, I requested a refund of my down payment so that I can go with another company. They refused the refund. I asked to speak to the Gen Mgr or the owner. IT was only 10 am and they had not come in yet. Again, they took down my number and said they would call me back. I called them again on the hour, every hour from 1pm - 5pm only to be told the same story. Obviously they do not care about my business. I am so disappointed. I feel like I have been duped and their is little I can do about it. :upset

I'm beginning to think that I, too, have been had by the same, seemingly dishonorable, windows company. Ordered four new windows Feb.

1st. Was told the windows would arrive in about two weeks, possibly four weeks. It's week five and I can't get a anyone to provide a status on the windows I ordered. The only persons to answer the phone are irate sounding,condescending sales rep (of which, MY sales rep has a full mailbox, conveniently).

And, the sales reps I do get a hold of seem to answer only with, "uhhh ... I don't know!" Glad we didn't order more windows from this outfit.