Update by user Jul 06

Problems are still not fixed. It's been over 10 months now.

We now have the CEO involved in the emails and we can see that are issues at every level. Still very unhappy and very frustrated and no one trying to make the customer satisfied.

Update by user Mar 20

Also when the energy auditor did the blower door test we discovered a new place on one of the doors that you can see daylight, and they still haven't fixed the gap under door, I added 2 new pictures of these issues. They did finally get a screen to fit the bathroom window and a sliding screen door for the single hinged French door...only took 6 months for that. I

Update by user Mar 20

On February 14th the production manager and manufacturer rep came out to see why we still have drafty windows. The manufacturer rep sprayed water in between glass and said that the welding wasn't scraped off like it was supposed to be, so he and the production manager took all 38 sashes (19 windows, top and bottom) apart from the frame, scraped off the welding and taped the frame back on to glass.

They said that we won't have anymore drafty windows...well guess what...with the 60mph winds that we've had, we still have drafty windows and had to put the window installation back up to save from having such a high electric bill. We had an energy auditor come in to look at the situation, they did a blower door test creating 15mph winds inside the house and used a smoke stick to show where the air is coming from....and along the middle of the windows where the two sashes meet there was a lot of air. I reached out to window world through email about our findings....and they still aren't talking about replacing all these windows or giving us money back...have to wait for president to review everything we've gone through.... Really.......

obviously the manufacturer of these windows has issues, it's not our fault, but it seems like it.

We wonder if windows made around the time frame as ours need to be checked for the same issues......... still Very Fustrated...and don't know what to do.

Update by user Jan 31

January 20th the production manager came out to see why we have the drafty windows and to install bathroom screen....he moved the dust caps and replaced the insulation along the bottom of the windows and the screen was again the wrong size. Two days later and the wind is still coming through windows and we're waiting for the bathroom screen and French door screen to come in and he thinks new door sweep will fix the issue under the door.

I reached out through email to let him know that we still have air and he is baffled by this, so he said the manufacturer will have to come and see what is going on... still haven't heard back from anyone to set up a date.

Update by user Jan 07

When we put the window installation film on the " new windows" we went from using 300kwts of electric a day to 90kwts of electric a day. A huge difference...and we spent $6,800 on these windows....makes me sick, and have to work extra hours now to pay for this insanely high electric bill.

And to make things even better, parts for other issues were supposed to be here Friday, but due to the weather now due Monday...not like they've had 5 months or anything...and no one seems to care about all of the air coming in. VERY FUSTRATED doesn't even begin to express how we feel about Window World and this whole situation.

Update by user Jan 02

We would not give them any stars, but in order for the review to go through you have to give at least one star.

Original review posted by user Jan 01

August 2017 had 19 windows and 8 doors installed, and it's been nothing but trouble ever since. The door has a gap at the bottom, the windows have a lot of air coming through ( we actually had to put up the window installation film on the new windows), missing screen for window and missing screen door for one of the doors.

It's been excuses and run around from the Chantilly and Winchester offices. Production manager claiming they ordered everything needed and appointment set up and either no one shows or what the installers were supposed to have had never been ordered at all.

It's been a very frustrating ordeal. Saddest part is that we have the highest electric bill we've ever had and it makes me sick to think we spent $17,000 on this project and we are in worse shape than before they installed windows and doors, all of that hard earned money down the drain.

Review about: Window World Window Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Either replace all 19 windows ( not at our cost) with an upgrade or give us a full refund..

I liked: Job the installers did for what they were given.

I didn't like: Quality of the product, Customer service.

Comments

Licensed contractors are required to post a bond. File a claim with the bonding Co.

They will pay you and bill the contractor. I am licensed and insured in Florida

to OldAxe #1446823

Does that apply for a business such as window world?

I am SOOOOO happy I read this before I hired them. I just got an estimate.

The guy tried to tell me I had to buy argon filled windows by law. ????

If that was the case then why are they advertising $189 any window? Thank you for posting!!

Wow! What a terrible ordeal to go through.

As a potential new customer to this company in Rockledge Fl, I wouldn't even think of having this company put windows in my home.

I have called "Marty", the Manager in the consumer relations department for his response and will follow up when I receive it. Sounds like poor help and offices that are unaccountable for their poor work.