Long Beach, Mississippi
4.0

We hired Window World after a free consult and quote. The sales rep measured all areas but said an "expert" will come out to measure at a separate time.

That occurred without incident. We were told this would be done in one day (replacing 3 windows and 1 double door). We were told we had to have a header replaced or the (basement) door would not be warranted. We agreed for an additional $700.00.

The 1st day(Friday) the installers arrived, they came unprepared to replace the header stating they were unaware it was needed and didn't have any supplies for this. They also gave the opinion it was not needed and proceeded to install the door. They had a difficult time and, at one point, the leader (of 3 ) left to go to Lowes. Needless to say, they fixed the door to a point it could not be opened until they could come back the following Monday.

That day the "leader" did not come and we were told he would be there later. The other 2 guys kept working on the door then removed replaced a double window. The color was not what we agreed on but it was in so I lived with it. They then removed the smaller of the 2 remaining windows and then found the replacement was too big so had to reinstall the original.

My husband asked that they measure the 3rd big window before removing it. They did and then removed it. They were unable to insert the new window stating it didn't fit. The leader still wasn't at our home to help or direct them therefore they sat around until he finally got there ( after my husband called him on his cell #).

He showed up, said the window would fit, and cut some edging off to make it fit. They did not caulk around the outside of the windows or door at all. I had to go purchase caulk and do it myself. Another (small) window had to be ordered due to the "expert's" mismeasurement.

I called the company and complained. The manager said a certified tech would come install this.Two weeks later this arrived and was installed without incident. The tech-Kyle Whitley- was very professional and did a great job.

He had to fix something on the double window the other guys did't do. Over all, it was a pretty traumatic experience and we were relieved when it was over.

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window Replacement.

Window World Pros: Certified tech kyle whitley- very efficient.

Comments

consumerrelations
#1220113

We are sorry to hear of your experience.

Please contact us at our Window World Corporate Office and ask for our Consumer Relations Dept.

866-740-2100.