Jan S Yas
map-marker Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania

This Window World Company close to Allen town, PA is NOT good! DON'T EVER order anything from that location.

My windows and doors still don't work properly. I'm still picking up nails around my property from the subcontractor that put my siding on. Your company sucks, Brandon! I will NEVER recommend Window World to ANYONE!!!
Kathy B Hlx

| map-marker Boardman, Ohio

Job has been incomplete since 2017. Cannot get anyone to fix or finish what they started.

Window World - Job has been incomplete since 2017. Cannot get anyone to fix or finish...
Window World - Job has been incomplete since 2017. Cannot get anyone to fix or... - Image 2
Window World - Job has been incomplete since 2017. Cannot get anyone to fix or... - Image 3
Replaced windows in my home. All new windows. Lifetime warranty. Had new siding put on the house as well. They completed everything but one window; wrapping the window, soffit, and fascia work are still not completed. Called several times, have been told by several different females that my job is marked completed. Well, hate to break it to them. IT IS NOT. Have photos to prove it.
Loss:
Pros:
  • We had a repair that was needed and they replaced our window
Cons:
  • Did not finish the job and want to argue not finish

Preferred solution: Inwant my house to be finished and finished correctly. Not ***

User's recommendation: In a hurry to finish before they even start and very forgetful.

Philip R Zub

Extremely Poor Workmanship

Window World - Extremely Poor Workmanship
I am filing a small claim action in civil court tomorrow in the amount of $3800 which will cover the cost of the windows. I will NOT pay one penny for the installation. They installed tilted windows, damaged walls, did not cleanup after installation, caulking all over walls floors furniture. Have pictures as evidence to show judge. The signed contract is thus null and void as they breached the contract numerous times.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Extremely unprofessional work
Cons:
  • Extremely unprofessional installation

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Angie E Mfp

Unsatisfied Customer

Window World - Unsatisfied Customer

We had windows and siding done about 2 years ago. There were a few issues, but they were resolved immediately and with great customer service.

We were so happy with the installation and customer service we reached out to have more work completed last year. Unfortunately, we had some issues. There were 3 live electrical cords left exposed in the front of the house as well as a drainage pipe. The drainage pipe was not communicated to us.

It froze and we had to pay a plumber to repair it. He then informed us what happened. He said that the exterior pipe was exposed because of the removal of the stone from the house. I would have fixed it before freezing if we were told of the situation.

When I addressed this with the local franchise, they came out to look at it after 3 months of calling. We were then told that they could not do anything about the electrical. I stated that I was unsatisfied with the results. The co-owner said that that was ok with him.

My husband called to talk to him, and the CO-owner lied to my husband and said that I was ok with the work that was done. He also told my husband that he was not willing to rectify the situation. We had to pay an electrician to come to fix the issue.

None of this was in the contract or communicated to us at the beginning of the job. If we would have been apprised of the extra work we would have understood, but the information was not communicated and handled unprofessionally.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Quick
Cons:
  • Customer service
  • Unfinished installation
  • Damaged property

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Danielle D Gwn

| map-marker Massapequa, New York

Window install gone wrong

We had 13 windows installed at our house today and have a problem with just about each one of them. The main window a handle fell off and the other side wont even close, the windows are an hour old.

Their chalking job on the window sill is absolutely terrible and poorly done and needs to be fixed. You can see every nail from the outside that placed during installation. A few of the windows are very shaking making us feel they are unsafe and not good quality. The handle on the window that already broke was not at all what they showed me during our estimate and I would like it changed.

The icing on this terrible experience is that my house was left completely filthy when I have 2 young children, I would think that professionals would cover their work area and clean up after themselves. I am beyond unhappy with the customer service and install.

When calling to say my brand new window wont even close they tell me hopefully someone will answer me by Monday when its Friday. This is completely unacceptable and terrible

Chris H Pbn

| map-marker Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I bought 16 standard size vinyl windows that come with screens. Two of them fit. After 7 months and 4 attempts to measure and remake them, nine are still missing.

Window World - I bought 16 standard size vinyl windows that come with screens. Two of...
Original review Apr 26, 2024
Including the original screens, WW has made the screens 5 times for these windows and still can't get them to fit on standard windows. Each remake takes 4-6wks. No sense of urgency here! 7 Months! They wanted to do the same thing over again, but refuse to guarantee they can actually do it! I have now hired a law firm to force them to get it done or be sued. The installation was poor and required a painting an clean up on every window due to poor caulking. The windows leak air at the corners where top and bottom meet. One window still sags. Loose trim on a number of the windows can't be fixed.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Low price
Cons:
  • Poor product
  • Poor communication
  • Poor service

Preferred solution: Legally I have to give them one more chance. If they fail, I will sue for a full refund.

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY UNTIL YOU HAVE GOOGLED AND READ ALL THE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY!!

Drina Ewg

| map-marker Fort Walton Beach, Florida

Impossible to get warranty repair without a train wreck

Window World - Impossible to get warranty repair without a train wreck
If they aren't bringing the wrong supply to make a repair and having to reschedule...they are either missing appointments (I am having to reschedule a FOURTH time for a simple sash replacement for a tenant. RIDICULOUS JOKE of a servicer.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE

Dorothy P Hkv

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Horrible service

Nick, from your Palm Beach office has demonstrated the worst customer service Ive ever had to experience in my life. I have months and months of communication where he either doesnt reply, or promises to get back to you, and never does.

I have tried to resolve this with him Directly to no avail.

Putting aside the fact that he ordered the wrong doors for me and had them installed, mistakes happen, but his are a comedy of errors. I would be glad to forward all the communication Ive had with him if need be, but I await one simple piece of information, my final payment upon installation of the correct doors, although he writes that hes getting the information right then, he never gets back, which has been a repeated pattern through our entire professional relationship.

User's recommendation: Nick claims that he’s so shortstaffed. If that’s the case and he cannot communicate with his customers he needs to assign someone upfront to continue communication not after the disaster and all the errors have occurred.

Kenneth T Cag

| map-marker Baruipur, West Bengal

I am having a problem with window world in Dallas Texas.

The problem is that I am a competitor of WW and I lose alot of business to them. so, I want to see if I can write a Angry review and get it published. and then I am going to see if I can write a review praising my company. We will see how this goes. could you imagine if I could leave a bad review for all of these companies with a made up story. then how could i believe any of these stories.
Pros:
  • Too much information out there
Cons:
  • Whole experience

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: tell them to raise there prices, or go out of business.

Fathima Gwl

Verified Reviewer

Trying to get info for my individual account

I have called customer service and havent been able to get a person on the line I keep getting redirected. My former employer will not help. I am trying to get to my 401k to either roll over to something or cash out. When I go to login in site they want email and id number and password. I dont remember from 6 months ago when the company let me go. Need help company wont help. They say I have to contact adp and adp wants me to contact hr so what do I do?

Preferred solution: Access to adp account

map-marker Merritt Island, Florida

Lack of Customer Service and Response to Its Customers

The following is my customer service experience from doing business with Window World of Orlando. After my experience I would not recommend to anyone to use them for anything.

This company has a communication issue. They do not communicate with each other nor do they communicate with their customers. I as the customer have done more customer service for them, than they have for me. I am tired of calling, begging, pleading just to get a simple answer of a date and a time.

Since Window World of Orlando and Window World Corporate will not listen, I hope you the public will, save your money and your peace of mind and take your business somewhere else. Take it to a company that will appreciate you as a customer and give you good customer service

May 2022 Reached out to Window World for a free in-home estimate. Was given the date of May 25 for our appointment. Met with Austin and decided to purchase our windows and doors with Window World.

We put in an order for 12 windows and 2 doors all hurricane rated, totaling $25,440. This cost also included a screen for one of the slider doors for the price of $178 and a set up & removal fee of $125. We were told of upfront that the installation of the windows and doors would happen sometime around November of 2022 due to them having a backlog of orders. That was not problem.

We put a down payment of $13,550 with a balance of $11,890 due after installation. A day or so later we changed our minds on having the screen for the slider door so we called Austin. He said no problem, he would talk with his boss and the amount would be taken off on the backend.

September 6th Got a call from Austin. Two of the windows both sliders that we had ordered for the kitchen and dining room could not be made in the style we had chosen.

Austin said our window frames were too small to so a different style would have to be made. We did not have much choice so we said yes.

October 13th Received a call from Window World Scheduling Department want to set up a day for the window installation as our windows had arrived. I was asked if Monday October 31st would be good. I said yes and was given an appointment time between 9am 11am that the installers would arrive.

This was further backed up by an email from Window World with the same date and time on it.

October 31st Our family had spent the past week clearing furniture and other items we had from around the windows and doors we were having replaced. The window of time given to us for the arrival of the installers came and went. At 11:08am I called Window World of Orlando and spoke with Jasmine. I told her that the installers had not arrived and asked when will they be here.

She said she would send a message to them and they would call me back shortly to tell me when they would be arriving at my house for the installation. At 11:49 am when no one had called me back, I again called Window World of Orlando, this time I got Elijah on the phone. I told him about my conversation with Jasmine and the fact that the installers had not called me back. He said that it would have to be marked as a no show and my appointment rescheduled.

At this point I am about to blow my fuse. He could not reschedule me I would have to wait for the Scheduling Department to call to do this. About ten minutes later the installers called to say they ran over at another job and were on their way to my home to do the installation. They arrived close to 1pm at my house over 2 hours after the latest time for my appointment.

By the time they were done with our installation it was 1:30 am Tuesday morning. They said that had driven in from Tampa which is on the other side of Florida to do this job.

November 1st Due to the late hours that this installation ran into my husband and I did not notice the issues we were to find the following day after the installation. We found broken glass and the remains of our old windows still outside our house. We paid a $125 fee for the clean up of this very debris.

The two slider windows were missing the keepers which the lock goes into to secure the windows. Some of the windows had issues with the sashes and would not stay up. Also, several of the windows had screens that were not properly manufactured. There were gapping holes where the screen attached to the frame.

I called Window World of Orlando about the issue. They said someone would be in touch with me. No one called.

November 9th County Inspector came to inspect windows. Windows failed the inspection due to missing keepers.

November 10th Called Window World of Orlando again about missing keeper and windows not functioning correctly.

Spoke with Frank. He would look into getting the keepers for the windows, replacing window screens and getting someone out to fix sash issues. Will call me back before the end of the week. He did not.

November 14th Called Frank at Window World of Orlando to see when someone would be out to fix the windows.

Frank did not know who I was, had to remind him of the issues which he had not talk to anyone about getting fixed. He does not know when anyone can come out to fix the issues or when the parts will be in.

November 15th Called Window World of Orlando to speak with someone other than Frank who might be able to help. No ETA on parts, screens and someone to fix the issues.

November 17th Got a call from Window World of Orlando, someone will be at our house on Tuesday November 22nd between 9am and 11am to fix the issues with the windows.

November 21st Worker from Window World of Orlando, just showed up at my home to do window repairs just as I am getting ready to run some errands. He was told by the Orlando office to come out.

I told him I was given an appointment for tomorrow. I asked for the person who sent him out, he gave me the name of Tom from the Orlando office. I told him to go ahead and start the fixes and I was going to speak to Tom. Called the Orlando office and no one answered the phone.

Left a message asking for them to return my call. They did not.

November 28th Jose from Window World of Orlando came to my house after 5pm wanting to do the final inspection on the windows and doors. I told him he could not as the windows and doors failed inspection and we were waiting for a second inspection date. I also told him that someone had come out the Monday before to fix the window issues.

He told me that someone in the Orlando Window World office told him to come out to my home to do this. Jose then asked me for a date and time for the County Inspector to come back out to the house for the reinspection and asked me to sign off on the date and time which I did.

December 1st Window World of Orlando called at 8:13 am to set up a time for the County Inspector to come back out to reinspect the windows and doors. I told them that Jose had been out on Monday of this very week and had me sign a paper for the time and date. They said they never got it so we needed to schedule a new one.

We did and it was scheduled for Friday December 2nd, no time given.

December 2nd County inspector came back, windows and doors passed inspection.

December 9th Called Window World of Orlando, got voicemail, left message for Nicole whose name is given on voicemail to call me back to set up date and time for the finishing touches to complete installation of windows and doors since they passed inspection.

December 13th Called Window World of Orlando, got voicemail.

December 14th Missed a call from Kevin at Window World of Orlando by 1 minute. Called back the Window World of Orlandos office, was put over to Kevins voicemail but was not able to leave message as it was full. I called Kevin at 12:23 pm, 12:28 pm, 12:41 pm, 12:50 pm and 2:50 pm. He never answered his phone.

December 15th Called Window World of Orlando to speak with Kevin.

Was told Kevin is a manager and had just gone into a meeting. Left a message for him to call me back. He never did.

December 19th Called Window World of Orlando to speak with Kevin, got his voicemail and a message he was out of town on personal business until December 20th due to a family emergency. I called back and got Jasmine, told her Kevin had called me but I have been unable to get him to find out what it is he needs to speak to me about.

I also told her I need to get a date and time scheduled to finish up the windows and doors plus get the debris hauled away. She told me the scheduling department is down to one person due to everyone going home sick. The person in scheduling would call me back that day. She did not.

December 20th Called Window World of Orlando, no one answered the phone, just voicemail.

December 20th Called Window World Corporate.

Spoke to Rebecca who took my complaint about the fact I cannot get anyone to call me back, having debris which we paid a fee for that is still in my yard, being charged for a screen we did not want, the screws that were installed on the keeper for the sliders were stripped and coming out; I am just trying to get this window and door job finished. She said she would forward this issue to the CEO of that location immediately and someone would reach out to me.

December 21st Received a call from Zack at Window World of Orlando. They had received my complaint. I went over with him what the issues were and the fact that his company has a problem with communication within as well as with its customers.

He said there was no easy fix for the stripped screws in the keepers. Putting new ones in may cause the vinyl to be further damaged. They are 8 weeks out on getting people to finish up the window and door jobs.

He promised me he was going to reach out to the scheduling department and get back with me before the end of the week. He did not.

User's recommendation: Avoid at all cost!

Guest

Reading your story almost made MY head explode. Sheeeesh!

Guest

We have been dealing with Window World of Orlando since December 2021 to get our windows installed in our Merritt Island home. So far 12 no shows for the instillation.

One excuse after the other, never return calls. I must concur.

AVOID WINDOW WORLD OF CENTRAL FLORIDA AT ALL COST. A HORIBLE COMPANY.

Guest

Sounds exactly like my experience with the Ormond Beach franchise. Wish I had read the reviews prior to contracting with them.

Should be some legal action we could turn to.

Sad, very sad. Keep warning others is all we can do.

View more comments (2)
Deborah M Ijh

Verified Reviewer

I had 33 windows replaced in a 33 year old log home.

Window World - I had 33 windows replaced in a 33 year old log home.
Updated by user Nov 24, 2023

No issues

Original review Nov 24, 2023
The consultation for selecting and ordering my windows was quick and easy. Installation was completed as scheduled. Brian and DJ are a great team and did an excellent job. They were friendly, courteous and careful working around the property. Mine was the second job for them in the day and all nine windows completely installed and cleanup done within 3 hours. The windows are beautiful and look great!
Pros:
  • Windows look well made
Cons:
  • There were no concerns

User's recommendation: I would highly recommend Window World to my family a d friends.

Deborah M Ijh

| map-marker Addison, New York

I had nine windows replaced in a 33 year old log home.

Window World - I had nine windows replaced in a 33 year old log home.
The consultation, selection and ordering of window design was quick and easy. The installation of the new windows were completed as scheduled. Brian and DJ did an excellent job. They were friendly, courteous and carefull working on the property. All nine windows installed and cleanup completed in just under 3 hours. The windows are of very good quality and look fantastic. I will recommend Window World to my friends and family. Deb M.
Ph G Fsf

Verified Reviewer

Lies, bait and switch, more lies

Updated by user Jul 26, 2023

Window World refuses to acknowledge the issue and resolution is not complete.

Original review Jun 26, 2023
Lies, bait and switch, more lies. There are outstanding issues that need to be addressed even if Window World does not want to honor their statements.

I detailed the initial issue and sent to Window World (see below) - here is current status:
Window World sent another salesperson to measure the sliding glass door and quote the 2 windows (6/16 - but no quote yet). Again I thought I was having a good conversation, Caleb listened and suggested instead of going through the BBB or internet reviews I reach out to Jacob Roland (owner). I called to speak with Jacob on Monday morning (6/19) and left msgs with Dee and Jacob's assistant. When I did not hear back I texted Caleb and asked if anyone reached out to him.

Caleb said no, but he would follow up with Dan that day (Wednesday 6/21). As of Friday (6/23):
1 - no one from Window World reached out to discuss the issues.2 - I was not given a new quote. The last quote for the sliding glass door that Window World not only measured incorrectly but ordered the wrong door was an additional 110% (initial quote $4701 plus installation - new quote $9810 plus installation). And the quote was not a 1-off, they provided my neighbor with a lower quote for the same door.3 - Window World charged me twice the fee for the permit on the initial contract (and that's before Window World removed the sliding glass door).4 - Window World did not do a walk through of the windows they installed.5 - Window World has not scheduled the inspection and as such, have not completed the finishing of the windows.6 - One of the screens is broken and needs to be replaced.
I have no doubt they are laughing at me since I was dumb enough to separate the contract since I believed they would work with me on making the sliding glass door right.

A truly idiot move on my part but I was taken with their support of St Jude and did not imagine a company that supports St Jude would be so ruthless. That may sting more than their underhanded business practices.
Window World has yet to respond to my email:
What started out as a great experience has turned into a really bad one. The window installation was great and I'm expecting the inspection to go well and any warranty items to be addressed. The issue is I also ordered a sliding glass door and that's where the experience fell apart.
1 - There was a problem with the installation based on incorrect measurements and talk about cutting walls etc so the install was halted.
2 - Mike, Field Supervisor, called to say Window World would order a new door but I needed to sign to release the money (I am financing).

I was willing to release the $'s for the windows since they were installed but not the door. Conversation centers on what I agreed to contractually and lo and behold - the T's & C's contract page Mike is referencing was never sent to me.
3 - Suddenly my salesperson is reaching out saying Window World will remove the sliding glass door from the contract. So odd I thought, that's your solution? remove the door?

(without too much detail here I HAVE to do something with the door for the HOA so doing nothing is not an option).
4 - I didn't sign the new contract (windows less door) when David H., manager, reached out. We had what I thought was an honest conversation. I since learned the salesperson had ordered the wrong door and I shared I was waiting on a new quote. David asked if I would please sign the contract with the windows only and he would make sure the salesperson scheduled an appointment with me to resolve the issue with the sliding glass door (I have additional windows that need upgrading).

For a show of good faith I signed the window only contract - what a fool I am.
- I recommended Window World to my neighbor and I let her know I had a concern with the slider since my salesperson was not contacting me.
- My salesperson is heavily courting my neighbor and any interaction I now have with Window World is through my neighbor. The thing is we both need something to be done with the sliding glass door. So when my salesperson calls my neighbor she conferences me in and Window Worlds' response is to increase the cost of the sliding glass doors (3 panels) over 110%. WOW - talk about getting screwed.
- I requested a new quote with the 110%+ increase but the salesperson has yet to follow-up (and yes, he is still courting my neighbor).
How to resolve this amicably and fairly
1 - I expected Window World to come back with a higher cost for the sliding glass door.

I did not expect the increase to be an additional 110%+. The initial quote was for $4701 plus installation $1360 = $6061. New quote is $9810 plus installation $1360 = $11,170.
- I would expect a quote at a MAX 50% increase: $7051.50 plus installation $1360 = $8411.50
I still have 2 additional windows to be installed.

I would prefer to have all the windows from Window World but if that can't happen so be it. But when I show a hand in good faith and trust Window World will do what's right for its existing customer, like I did in signing the windows only contract, I expect a fair and equitable response.
Cons:
  • No as in absolutely no customer service
  • Bait and switch

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: DON'T DO IT - too many reputable companies out there.

map-marker Rockledge, Florida

Paid for Vs what u get

so wife and i spent 16k+ on doors. asked the sales rep if the installers are his employees (lie).

The door are made to fit (lie). same key 4 all doors (lie). 1st crew 6 souls and 2 doors installed and 6 hrs on a storm door that wont close and 3" gap at bottom & broke after using it 4 times. 2nd crew new storm door from Hdepot 700 less.

but still making us pay 16k or send us to S claims... Just letting you know what you paid for is NOT what you get... take the chance and do it urself no one will look after you. its not in their best intere$t .

2nd crew was better than 1st. BUT...apples are not oranges

User's recommendation: paid off just to get rid of them! lesson learned!

Patrice P Jhu

| map-marker Commerce Township, Michigan

HORRIBLE SERVICE

Window World - HORRIBLE SERVICE
Window World - HORRIBLE SERVICE - Image 2

For almost a year I have been going back and fourth with this company regarding late products, poor quality of products, no delivery of products now its come to FRAUD. on 9/21/22 they charged my account without my verification or signature for a product that was incorrect 4xs, late by 8 months and not delivered with screens.

Before the installers started the work I made sure to tell them that I would not be paying one dime for this product. I would not be paying a balance for the product. Absolutely no money would be exchanged; I had them check with the manager to make sure there would be no charges. If there was I repeatedly stated I wanted my $2100 deposit returned and they could keep the product after all of the delays and missteps.

The manager promised there would be no charge. Now I look on my bill and they charged without my knowledge and no signed paperwork $1095! I have reported to credit card company as fraud and wrote to the manager who is conveniently not responding.

This is the WORST window business DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS COMPANY. I am filing a BBB report as well.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Delivery dates off
  • Poor quality of materials
  • Fraud

Preferred solution: Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article