1.1K views
2.3

Update by user Aug 23, 2015

Still absolutely no response from Window World. I received a call from the Orlando Sales Manager and he just kept repeating how "dumbfounded" he was that we weren't seeing any savings.

He even dug his hole deeper by saying that all of his customers see 50-60% savings on their energy bills and how he has customers report their bills dropping from $600 a month down to $300...really Harold? My husband and I spent over $6,000 on your terrible windows and we are seeing an increase in our energy bills.

Come on Window World? Your customer service stinks!!

Update by user Aug 11, 2015

Window World continues to ignore my very obvious problem. The salesman refuses to return my calls.

I have compared the energy bills and it's VERY obvious that these windows are doing NOTHING for our energy efficiency which is what window world uses as part of their sales pitch to suck you in. They say that the windows will pay for themselves in energy savings within 5-6 years. At this point these windows aren't saving us a single penny. Our lifestyle hasn't changed at all and our bill is higher than before.

So what window world? We spend over 6,000 on new windows to help keep our home cooler and it ends up costing us money and doing nothing

Original review posted by user Jul 10, 2015

In March my husband and I decided that we were going to look into replacing our 20+ year old windows with *hopefully* more energy-efficient windows. A salesman came out from our local Window World office (Orlando) and gave his speech. He really intrigued us when he explained that our energy usage would be cut by nearly 50%!!! He even said that we would definitely see a savings of at least $40.00-$50.00 a month which means that the over $6,000.00 windows would pay for themselves in just about 5 years. We were thrilled because we know we are going to be in our home for the long haul.

Fast forward to installation day, wonderful crew and the windows are very pretty, no complaints on that front.

Lets jump to the complaint, and its a big one. We get our first full months bill and its a whopper. However, we couldn't really compare because we hadn't been in our home a full year and we didn't have a previous bill to compare to. So we waited until this month because we would be able to compare it to last year's bill to see the energy difference. Well, Window World and their sales associates LIE...and big time. Our energy efficiency hasn't been effected one single kilowatt. As a matter of fact our energy efficiency is WORSE.

How do I know its worse? Well lets see here in July of last year our energy company was charging 7.263 cents for the first 1,000kwh and 8.625 for anything above 1,000kwh. This year they are charging 6.656 for the first 1,000kwh and 8.018 cents for anything above 1,000kwh. Which means our rates have gone down almost a whole penny and our bill was actually higher this year comparatively speaking to last year. So clearly, these windows aren't saving us one single cent. At this rate our windows will cost us more money instead of saving us any. We even paid for the extra Elite Solar Low E Gas in our windows ($1,000 EXTRA).

So Window World, whats your excuse for luring customers in with the promise of huge savings and then disappointing them in the long run by costing them more? And please don't tell me that our costs will be recouped when we sell our home because that isn't why we installed in the first place. If I would have known that these windows would end up costing us money I would have spent my $6,000.00+ somewhere more useful in my home.

This person wrote the review because of not as described of energy efficient windows from Window World. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $6000 and wants Window World to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was lies about product, lack of energy efficiency, extra costs for something that i clearly did not receive and false advertising. Author liked the most installation crew and look of the windows. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Window World for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

I didn't say there was a temperature difference but there is no difference in energy efficiency. Clearly you didn't read my post thoroughly. Our energy company has even lowered their prices and our electric bill is $10-20 more a month even with the new windows that were supposed to save us 40-50% on our electricity costs.

to Anonymous #1007800

The only way it will save you money is If you are not having to use your ac or heater as much. I'd your just looking for savings on electricity then windows really do not do that. It's a common sense thing.

to Anonymous #1007805

Then clearly your common sense is lacking because the windows should be allowing less heat into the house which should allow them to use their AC less.

What is the temperature difference for the 2 years you compare?