10540 Bissonnet St #150, Houston, TX 77099, USA
2.2

I normally don't make posts like this, but Windows World does not respond to my phone calls. We recently had new windows installed by Windows World.

The trim was poorly spaced and uneven. We called customer service and a field manager came to fix the problem. When removing the trim, we saw that an insufficient amount of insulation had been used. At some places, there was more daylight than insulation.

The field manager said that it was because the installers were trying to compensate for windows that were too small for the space. Really, the culture of the company is to cover up mistakes instead of own them? The salesman came and after much discussion finally agreed that he did not measure 2 of the windows correctly. He was quite rude to a friend that we had present on our behalf.

The field manager gave me his phone number to call if I had any problems or concerns. Whenever I called this number, it went straight to voice mail and the mailbox had not been set up. Since then, no one has returned one of my 7 seven calls to the office. The last time I called, my message was sent to all the managers in the office.

The customer service is substandard, at best. As of this writing we are 3 weeks behind on our remodel because we are waiting for the correct sized windows.

Windows World does not think this is an inconvenience that we should be compensated for. #WindowsWorld

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window Replacement.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Window World Pros: Price.

Window World Cons: Never return phone calls, Customer service, Extremely poor installation.

Comments

I am very sorry for the poor job and lack of communication from window world. I have been in the home improvement business, specifically window and door replacement, for 20 plus years.

About 3 years ago I made one of the biggest If not the biggest mistake of my career by accepting a sales position with window world in my area. From the beginning I could see that the company was not in the business of customer service but in the business of customer disservice. Their motto was to get the money no matter what, even if it meant to lie to and or cheat the homeowner. Very unethical across the board and the so called president of the company leading the charge.

Window World has the sales person actually measure the windows to not only price the job but to order the product as well. Believe me when I tell you that most of the sales reps couldn’t read a tape measure if their lives depended on it. This would lead to windows showing up to be installed that were most of the times too small for or too big for the openings which lends to the installation team’s motto of, “all windows are to be installed at all cost to get the remainder of the money.” Very unethical again.

It is a very true statement that you get what you pay for but it sounds like you aren’t even getting that.

Sometimes it is much better to pay a little more from a reputable company that stands behind their products and beside their customers. I know this is a little too late but hopefully it will help other homeowners from making the mistake of giving their hard earned money to sleeze balls like window world and to do a little research that will lead them to a better experience.

reistetter_68

Window World finally returned my phones calls on Feb 2. My first call to them was on Jan 9. As of yesterday, Feb 8 no windows are in the system as being re-ordered.

Windows can take 4-8 weeks to manufacturer, deliver, and install. Mistakes happen, and if two were measured incorrectly, they should make it right and replace them.

If they look OK, an installer can remove the coil trim and add insulation, then install new coil trim. If you are getting the run around and cannot get a hold of a manager, call another office and get a district or regional manager's name and number. If that doesn't work, copy and paste your complaint to the local BBB as well as the state attorney general.

Construction is a busy and slow trade, so some patience is needed to correct errors. Ignoring calls is no excuse.

@TP

Better Business Bureau does not care if homeowners get ripped off. As long as Window World makes their dues payment. It is a garbage window and could care less after they have your money..