Window World is a terrible company. First they will take quickly schedule a time to come out to assess your situation, and give you a quote, thus giving the impression that they do everything quickly.

Then they will take weeks to get back to you about when they are going to get the shipment in about the "custom order" windows you've selected. After the windows are actually installed (but the work not completed) they will not return calls, not get back to you about finishing the work. Do NOT pay this company until all the work is done... This was our mistake!!!

We paid them, which of course they didn't keep track of, so they say we still owe them money in their books even though they charged my credit card for the amount due! We had a broken window pane and it took over 2 months for them to come out and replace the broken window. We ordered trim to be put around the outside of the windows when we paid for the windows to be installed, then they cancelled the appointment to put on the trim... THREE times during a period of 6 weeks after we originally ordered the trim.

The owner of the company called to cancel the most recent time (we started asking to speak with only him because of all the issues we've had with this company) and he YELLED at my husband (who got about 5 words in the conversation...) because we asked for a discount on the services.

This company needs to be black listed... they are ridiculous and should lose their Better Business Bureau qualification because they are NOT better, they are the WORST!!

Comments

Middlefield, Ohio, United States #1194382

I had a very similar experience, first he miscounted the number of windows, missing two 3'x 5 ' windows. Then he mis-ordered three more windows.

Sent installers out who pit in what they had. promising to return in two weeks. Three months later still no windows. I called weekly to get updates no return calls.

Finally the installer called me to set up the final installation. As he was working he said the owner was mainly absent because of "personal problems with his father" While I'm sorry for anyone having personal problems, it can't effect your business.

I also asked for a discount for the crappy service. I was screamed at and notified he placed a lien on my house.

No futher calls were exchanged. Fortunately his paperwork was so sloppy I had no trouble vacating the lien.

go to : www.unhappyfranchisee.com/window world

To view how WW treats its family members

Go to: www.unhappyfranchisee.com/window world

You will read how WW SCREWS its owners. If they treat their own people like this, how do you think they will treat a customer? Your Call.

That is correct. You didn't order a Pizza.

All issues are address and fixed. Windows need to come off a truck or any kind of shippment for that matter in order for a customer to be called. IF you were to think about it Lets say your windows were missing of the truck???? THEN YOU SCREAM AT US cause you will have to wait another week??

Altho if true there is no reason why you should of been reset that many times and expecially the owner yelling at you for what seems fair of a request of some compensation. That is a bit crazy and this should be based on your location NOT Window World itself.

MARY HARRIS

TO NEBLIE5- who stated "Then they will take weeks to get back to you about when they are going to get the shipment in about the "custom order" windows you've selected"

SERIOUSLY??? Did you expect pizza?

They measure your windows, place the order, the windows have to made, delivered to your store, and then the installation is scheduled. That takes weeks...hello??

maryharris

THESE STORES ARE INDIVIDUALLY OWNED..I CANT ONLY SPEAK FOR THE ONE OWNER I DID WORK FOR 2 YEARS - WHO NOW HAS THE BATON ROUGE, HOUSTON, DALLAS, AND FLORIDA STORE - ALL SERVICE ISSUES WERE HANDLED DIRECTLY OUT OF THE HOME OFFICE, BUT I WORKED IN HOUSTON, AND NO SERVICE ISSUE EVER WENT UNADDRESSED, NOR HAD TO BE "RESCUED" BY THE CORPORATE OFFICE. IF YOU HAVE HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH WINDOW WORLD, YOUR MOST LIKELY DEALING WITH ONE OF THEM SMALL MARKET STORES.

WINDOW WORLD OF BATON ROUGE TAKES CARE OF THERE CUSTOMERS - THEY HAVE AN EXCELLENT SYSTEM THAT TAKES ACCOUNT FROM STAGE TO STAGE UNTIL CLOSED, AND DOES NOT ALLOW THINGS TO GO IGNORED. I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE I AM NOT WITH THEM ANYMORE I DONT OWE MY LOYALTY TO THEM I AM WITH ANOTHER COMPANY - DONT KNOCK THE ENTIRE WINDOW WORLD PLEASE ADDRESS THE STORE THAT GAVE YOU THE BLUES.

My friend and I both had work done by Window World here in NY. We are very satisified with the installation and quality.

My friend got 8 windows installed. There was a small problem with two of the widow- the town we live in requires a certain amount of square inches for fire hazard and hers were not big enough, so WW remade the windows larger and didnt charge her extra. We had a sliding glass door installed an are very happy with it. Our installer has been with the company for years.

I feel bad that other WW customers from other states are having problems. I guess our local WW is a pleasant exception.

Don't knock Window world is way bigger than your bad additude contact your local store not the whole million window a year organization... Guess u should have bought pellas

I checked out windowworld before buying 13 windows here in St. Louis.

Im not a salesman, im a customer who feels like the company is getting a bad rep. mainly due to unsubstatiated complaints from either competitors or a contractor who was fired. They do more windows than any other company in the nation! That means theyve got many many more customers than any other company and have more potential to have a defective/damaged product.

Take this into account people! Windowworld wouldnt be the biggest and the best if it really was such a "ripoff" I love my windows from Windowworld!

Please know that our Customer Relations Department is available to help facilitate issues if you would like their assistance. Please call 1-866-7410-2100 or email service@windowworldinc.com if you prefer.

Thank you.

why would anyone besides a salesman from window world come on a complaints board to say the company is fantastic. look at all the complaints online.

if this company was so fantastic it wouldnt treat its customers/employees/subs like garbage.

I can tell you these windows are junk.dont believe me, then order some and have them installed in your home and find out. good luck

The problem lies in that the Owner is responsible for your issue. His franchise is on the hook, not WW.

That owner is your problem. WW just sits back and rakes in the profit on the window.

Windows World Rep told us not to pay until you are satisfied with the first install and sign the contract saying it was completed. So if you paid before hand, then you said you were good with the repairs.

What location did this experience occur in?

i think your completely wrong! I think the company is fantastic!

Last time I checked, a company is supposed to follow through.

last time i looked the world didnt revolve around you