1.1K views

I called Window World in Chattanooga, Tn. to have 13 windows replaced. The salesman came out and went through his sales pitch. I ordered the windows and approx 3 weeks later they called and said that they were in and they were ready to install. The appointment was set for 9:00 am the next day. The installers showed up at 10:30am and after a brief time of working approx 15 minutes they (2 of them) looked at me and said "lunch time". They went out to their truck and ate their lunch and restarted working at 11:30am. Now granted they did clean up after themselves, but they left the windows not sealed and you could see through the wall between the window and the frame. The installers said that they would be back the next day to finish the job. A week passes still no sign of the installers, but there was a lady #Stephanie# from the office that called me and starting asking how my install went. I explained that the windows were not installed correctly; she says "well the installer says that the job is completed"

So I made another appointment, the installer never showed and no phone call. Three days go by I called the office and spoke with STEPHANIE told her that the installer didn't show, so she called him on the other line, he told her that he would be by the next day to finish the job up. The next day still no show, again no call. I call the office at 4:30pm; Stephanie wasn't in so I asked to speak with the manager, was told no. So I asked to speak with a supervisor, was told no. I said how bout customer service; the lady said I'm customer service. I ok then why hasn't the installer been at my house to finish the job? She said what job, and what da ya want anyway? You can wait till tomarra to speak with someone? I said to her this isn't any way to speak with a customer, and for her to put someone on the phone that's above her. Still she refused, she said this is my job to answer the phone, but it ain't my job to let you speak with someone.

Then she hangs up on me. I call back; she hangs up on me again.

Once more I call back, guess what she hangs up on me again.

The next day I call back and she answers the phone, I ask to speak with the owner, she replies "who is it?" I tell her that it isn't any of her business who this is, put the owner on the phone.

The owner #KIM# gets on the phone and I proceed to explain to her my problems with her company. Kim stops me and says "I already know to whole story, so you don't have to tell me anything" "I've already yelled at the installer for not showing up when he's suppose to"

I said really what about your girl that hung up on me yesterday? She replied "I've told my girls if they have an irritated customer to hang up on them"

I said to her all of this could have been avoided if her installer would have shown up and done his job right to begin with. She said "I'll have the other owner (ERIC) come by it the morning and finish the job up, he'll be there at 9am"

The next morning the installer showed up and spent about 15 min inside my house and said "well it's done" and left

I noticed the exterior trim wasn't done that I paid for.

So I called the office back and spoke with KIM again, told her the problem again. She said "well we'll just have to call you back when we have time"

2 weeks go by another girl from the office calls and asks how is everything, I tell her that the job isn't complete she tells me that the owner (ERIC) will be by on Thursday 4/26/12 to complete the trim at 12pm

So today Thursday 4/26/12 this guy shows up at 12:30pm not ERIC he agrees that the job isn't completed so he calls ERIC and tells him this. I get on the phone with ERIC and he proceeds to tell me that he will reschedule the installer to finish the job at another date and time I said no, my appointment was for today at 12pm. The guy that they sent to the house didn't have any idea what was going on or what has transpired. I said to ERIC that when I spoke with his wife (KIM) the last time she told me that she would have you here the next day; he said that he didn't know anything about that.

The guy left no work was done.

ERIC called me at 1pm stating that I didn't pay for trim, I told yes I did according to my contract, he said "well I'm reading your contract and it doesn't say anything about trim:" I said to him this is a breach of contract he said "no it isn't you just haven't gave us enough time to complete the work" I said it doesn't take 4 weeks to do this; he said "your right it takes about 6 to 8 weeks for completion, but you still haven't paid for the trim but I'm willing to make you a deal on the trim" I refused to make a deal for something that I've already paid for.

I asked if he treats all his customers this way; he replied "ONLY THE JACKASSES LIKE YOU" I told him that only thing that I want is what I paid for, nothing else and I'm tired of being lied to.

He refused and then he said that "YOU STILL OWE ME MONEY" I said how's that you been already paid, I have the receipts to show that's the bill has been paid. He replied again "*** if we could have a civil conversation, we've could have better relations"

I called the main corporate office and spoke with someone concerning these problems, he said that they didn't control the stores on how that they do business, the only thing that they do is advertising for them.

So buyer beware I would think twice before you jump into this company, I have no problems with the windows, but as you can tell there is multiple problems with the employees and owners.

I filed a complaint with the better business bureau on 5/9/12.

On 5/10/12 the salesman called and asked if he could come over to see if he could resolve the issues between Eric and myself and to see what was not done; I agreed he came over and seen the issues with the windows and then he said to me "well Eric wants to make a deal with you on this trim because he doesn't want a bad report with the BBB". I refused the DEAL he then said "what if I pay for it?" I told him the only person that should be paying for it is ERIC. He said that he would go and talk with ERIC and he (the salesman) would contact me with an answer. The salesman left no response.

On 6/9/12 I received an response from the better business bureau, it has a 2 page report from KIM and ERIC that is full of lies, stating that they tried calling me several times to schedule, but no response and they supposedly left several messages. Also a copy of the COMPLETION FORM that I signed but it wasn't dated when I signed it; but now it is on 3/22/12 (obviously different handwriting). And a copy of the contract that plainly states 13 Custom Premium Exterior Trim $260.00 that I paid for but I still haven't received. And also that I still have a bill for $1920.00, but it's already been paid I can show receipts.

Review about: Window World Installation.

Had an Experience with Window World?

Comments

We just had 14 windows installed and they did a great job, very clean. Windows are just what we ordered and a great value for the money.

I lived in Chattanooga and had WW put my windows in.No problems, moved to FL have WW put my windows in, again no problems.

Is the complainer from Rialto, CA?If so, this is a big lie.

Thank for this review. A neighbor recommended them for replacing my windows but there are so many bad reviews here that I am going to look elsewhere now!

I'm with Dee Foley.I was getting ready to do some window shopping (literally) and Window World was recommended to us.

Ha! I don't think so.

Taking my money elsewhere.Thanks for the post Anonymous.

Yes, this company has independent locations .....In short they are horrible....

I am having same issue and it seems lawsuit is coming.....I'm def going to seek punitive in addition to my actual costs.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!! I cant believe a company can treat a customer like this and get away with it. I will NOT be getting my windows from Window World anymore like I had planned.

So are you from Chattanooga or Rialto, CA????

Thank you for the info about this company,I was just getting ready to replace my windows,but with this info, Ill shop some where else.

Wow these owners should lose their franchise, I believe the customer, no one has that much time to keep setting up appointments unless the work wasn't done, be real.

Thanks for taking the time to write this. Glad I don't live in Chattanooga area.

Report them to Angie's List too.

to Julia Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1336248

I used window world and they did a great job.I would highly recommend them.

My sales rep was george.

He knows his stuff.Mayby u should ask for him