Resolved
1.7

Update by user Nov 13, 2016

Window world agree to refund my money and my issue has been resolved.

Original review posted by user Nov 03, 2016

It has been 15 months since we had our windows and storm door installed. The windows are great.

The storm door not so much. First of all the door is not as described in the brochure. The door is cheaply made and not as good of quality as the door i have from Lowes. Secondly my storm door is still not properly installed.

After 7 trips for them to complete and fix the issues and 3 different installers the door is missing a frame leg. (That's the part where it should latch.) I've even driven an hour and half to Clarksville to meet with the owner. All they wanna do is to continue to say they will fix it. They have put several holes in my house that will require me to have the opening rewrapped with metal siding.

I have 2 door slabs and 3 different handles from their attempts to fix it. I spoke with the owner Mr. Hooper on the phone who basically said they would continue to try to fix the issue but a refund is not going to happen. He stated " its been over a year.

Why would I refund your money". Even though I have stayed in contact with them and their contractors. He even stated " I only make $35 on storm doors and I have bought you 2 already"! I explained that I have had to take 7 days off from work for them to continue to try to fix issues.

I requested the corporate number and he said he didn't have it to google it. After awhile he gave me the number but stated " they wont be able to help you". Well he was right. The corporate office had me speak with their customer relations person who told me all they could do was call the owner and speak with him.

Thankfully I documented everything they did, when they were here, and the damage created by their attempts to fix the storm door. Including when it was non functioning and wouldnt latch and would swing in the wind if i didnt prop something against it. So if you need window or doors I suggest you look elsewhere! The owner is young and unprofessional.

Their customer service is seriously lacking and if you have an issue you have little recourse except to let them continue to damage your property in an attempt to fix your issues.

I will be filling a complaint with the better business bureau and will attempt to recoup the $500 the door cost and damages in small claims court. So save your time and use a different company please!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Door Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 03, 2016.

Comments

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1291720

I'm glad I read the reviews. They gave me an estimate for a exterior door and storm door, you know, the same sales pitch on how great their service is, they have the best quality doors, their installers are the best in the business yada,yada, yada.

Well the estimate I got was about $ 1500 over what I should pay and the reviews are not so good. Looks like I will be looking elsewhere to get my door replaced.