Windows leaking air, they tried to replace weatherstripping by hacking into the sash to replace, that helped some but didnt fix.They tried to stuff some foam in the weep holes on the inside to fix, that helped but only put a bandaid on the real problem which is the cheapness of manufacturing. crappy install/caulking.

Condensation problems, they try to tell me run a dehumidifier in the the winter in minnesota, I dont think so! These windows have inferior design. Have had 2 seal failures. I know these windows have water/mold issues after talking to my neighbors who had bad mold underneath their sliders on the track they slide on.

They told them to run dehumidifier also and gave them some humidity packet that didnt mean anything tangible.

Run away from window world minnesota fast. The old saying still stands true, you get what you pay for.

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 22, 2011.

Comments

Same with Window World in Greenville, SC. I've been dealing with cold, drafty windows for two solid years now.. They replaced a few of them last year, but here we are in another Winter and my "Energy Efficient" windows are letting in cold air.

Their last excuse was "There's no such thing as a completely air tight window."

I can spray water on the INSIDE of my windows and watch as it runs down into the frame and out the screw holes on the bottom. Total ***!

This is the last time.. They're either going to make it right, or I'm seeing a lawyer about getting my money back from them.

Wilsonr902@gmail.com

Their last excuse was "There's no such thing as a completely air tight window."

Wilsonr902@gmail.com

I thought this site deletes personal attacks. Eric *** erson's comments looks like a personal attack to me.

Sorry to inform you Bob but youre wrong about the window that windowworld uses. Its a Fully welded window with a intrigal sloped sill.

Similar to Alside Excalibur. All of Alside windows are a high quality product.

Hello Mr. Smithe,

Again I would like to state our willingness to reach out to you and resolve the issues and concerns you have with Window World MN. I am sorry you feel that we did not live up to your expectations and we will be making improvements from what you’ve expressed.

I respectfully disagree with the argument that our windows are of low quality. The American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) is recognized internationally for third party validation of product performance and quality and they have given us the highest ranking of Gold Label. We are also certified by the National Fenestration Rating Council which allows us to be partners with Energy Star because we meet their energy efficiency ratings. And finally, our windows have received the Good House Keeping seal of approval which only two other window companies’ in the nation have. As you can see there are four separate parties that believe in quality of our products.

As for the concern of the installers, we strive to maintain the highest quality in craftsmanship. Our installers work has a lifetime warranty. If for any reason there is an issue with the install we will warranty the service. From time to time we need to update our installer staff when the craftsmanship falls below our standards, but again any issues will be covered under warranty.

Jeff I hope you will give us the opportunity to speak with you about your windows. I can be reached at the office (651)770-9011 or by email, mollym@windowworldmn.com.

Thanks and be well,

Molly

Customer Service Manager

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #316140

Here is a little information on the window you purchased from Window World.

Window World uses the Alside Sheffield Window they do not use a true sloped sill. It is a side jamb with thick snap-ins on top.

It is much cheaper for a factory to use the same extrusion on all 4 sides. This way, all they need to cut the frame pieces is a 45 degree chop saw, and a simple straight line welder. It is a cheap way to make a window even though it doesn't make a quality well designed window, and as a factory you don't have to spend millions on robotic equipment that can cut and weld dissimilar profiles. Water and debris will sit in your sill and may create mold. There is no way to clean it.

Here is a picture of the Alside Sheffield Sill

The red in the picture is the "side jamb" piece they use as the starting point for their sill. The blue in the photo is the snap in piece that transforms the "side jamb" into a sill. Note how the screen track sticks up past the sill. This screen track sticking up has a couple holes through it to drain to the outside, but much of the water can seep through down into the extrusion....where you can't get to for cleaning and mold could form.

Many of you out there keep asking us, "what makes a good window". In my opinion, here is a real good chance to learn some basics about window construction and to know one more thing to look for in a window that has a good design.One flaw is with the handle , which is that when you lift up on the handle snap-in, it puts stress on the glass.( figure - 8 ) Many other windows have this handle extruded right into the sash rail

This is a picture of a true sloped sill.

The photo below shows a window that has a similar side jamb profile to the previous photo, but has a dedicated sill...a sill that was made as a sill.

This factory has spent the extra money on sophisticated machinery to cut and weld dissimilar extrusions to provide you with a sloped sill that provides proper drainage and keeps the glass loss to a minimum. (Look At The Picture)The sill is not being used as a multi-chambered gutter to get rid of water that leaks in through the snap-ins...because there are none. See how much glass you lose with a Sheffield. You have 4 to 5 inches of vinyl before the glass starts at the sill..

The problem is these windows are ***, 50% of the installers are ***, they dont make their own windows, its someone elses windows then they put their name on it. Funny thing is the installers pay is so bad they dont bother shimming, leveling and plumbing these windows.

A good portion of these windows are put in when they were mismeasured or not a typical install like on really old homes or complicated installs, they put em in anyways so the installer doesnt get screwed out of his weekly pay. How do i know, I used to install for these vampires.