Williston Park, New York
1.5

We had a Salesman from Window World Long Island come out to our house to give us an estimate on windows for our Family Room. He measured but failed to bring out the appropriate window sample so that we could see what we would be buying. The general brochure did not help at all. After making up the estimate for what his company could provide, he had failed to provide us with information about the warranty, the reinforcement (aluminum or steel, etc.) in the framing of the windows and for a triangular window. We therefore wrote this requirement down on the estimate, and he agreed to call us in short time to tell us about all of our inquiries.

Two weeks went by with no call. I contacted WW's office by phone, and was told that some one would call me within an hour. That too didn't happen. Two weeks passed. We continued to get bids on the window job. I called WW again and complained. Again we were told that someone would call us. No one did.

One morning, shortly thereafter, we had another window company scheduled to come in to give us an estimate at 10:30 AM.

At 10:25 am a WW Long Island salesman showed up at our door unannounced and unscheduled. He wanted to come in to answer our questions. We politely told him that we couldn't do it because we had another appointment in 5 minutes. He understood and left. I expected that someone from WW would call later on. No one did.

Two weeks passed again, and we had not yet settled on a window company. I called WW Long Island, and spoke to the manager, named Les, (I believe). I told him the story. Believe it or not, he told me that he would pass on the job. WW failed to answer my questions; WW failed to follow up by calling as promised; WW failed to schedule any appointment and showed up at my door at a most inconvenient time; WW promised to call to re-schedule, but failed to do so; WW then "passed" on the job despite all their failures! All this! before they ever did any work to replace the windows in my family room. I'm glad that I didn't bother with Window World. Unprofessional and unreliable!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window.

Reason of review: lots of issues as described in complaint.

• No Reliability
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 31, 2015.

Comments