2.0

Update by user Jul 08

Update July 8, 2018: After several more weeks of going round and round with Window World, they finally got around to finishing the work. It took several attempts to communicate with them to get two small areas finished that the crews kept neglecting to complete.

And of course, now that the work is done and my work schedule for other projects is completely blown apart due to their delays, Window World got very snippy with me on the phone about signing the completion paperwork and paying the final balance. Not a single word on the phone as to whether I was happy with the work. Well, I'm not happy and my clients are not happy.

To date, this has been the worst experience with another contractor that I have experienced. If anyone out there reading this still decides to entertain using them, bear in mind that it is a volume business, you as a consumer do not matter to them (even if they say you do), their windows are not as high quality as they claim to be, and you will need to stay on top of them throughout the process to make sure they are providing all the work in your contract.

Original review posted by user Jun 05

I am a contractor helping some friends with a small remodel. They requested that I use Window World for a couple windows and siding/soffit/fascia since Window World had replaced all the other windows and some siding a few years ago.

Due to some safety issues, the first two crews would showed up but then would not do the work. The crews would say that they would return the next day to start, but would not show up. Customer service continued to tell me each day that a crew was on the way, but no one would arrive. After two weeks of this, Window World finally asked me to take care of the safety issues, which I did.

The next crew showed up early on the scheduled date. I needed two minutes to remove an obstacle out of their way. I guess that wasn’t fast enough because they balked and left. The project manager for Window World was unable to get hold of the crew the rest of the day.

Another crew came the next day. This crew did not have any paperwork or instructions for the job. The project manager was unwilling to come to the job site. I had to wait a half day for the crew leader to show up and go over the entire job again.

This crew did a majority of the work but did not finish. They even tossed trash into the house through the opening where the two new windows needed to go. The crew did not return to finish the work. The windows are apparently here but there has been no word on the install date.

The office guaranteed me a call back to get the remaining issues resolved, but did not call. After nearly a week of calling and texting, I am having to consider the job abandoned and find someone else to finish the work. Window World has done a great disservice to a repeat customer. The customer service people do not know what’s going on and I believe simply tell you what they think you need to hear.

Their project manager lacks crucial skills to keep projects moving forward and has very poor communication with the crews, contractors and homeowners. They left my friends with two window openings exposed to the elements and unfinished soffit/fascia.

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of Window World of St. Louis.

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Installation.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Product offerings.

I didn't like: Unprofessional, Lack of communciation for a solution, Lack of project management skills, Customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 05.

Comments

Not trust worthy! All about money .