I had 14 windows installed last spring by window world, everyone is drafty.The workmanship of the installation was *** poor.So far after 2 calls they have done nothing.I would not recommend window world to anyone.

The inside trim joints do not fit right, and they banged up the trim on installation.Cold air comes in all around every window.Outside trim is very sloppy and unprofessional.A three window unit in front of the house is trimed out in metal, and is the worst looking mess you ever saw.

The installer Mike Morgan is supposed to have 20 years experience.I must have been building dog houses.

Review about: Window World Window.

Had an Experience with Window World?

Comments

I don't know if you guys realize that all the Window World locations are franchises.I would complain to the corporate headquarters.

I am in the process of getting windows and I have seen homes that Window World Dallas/Ft. Worth has installed. Their work looked fantastic in my opinion and even talked to a few homeowners. They were all extremely pleased.

Again, yell loud and often to corporate and maybe you will get some response from your local franchise. You do have a lifetime warranty. Make them earn your business again and correct all your problems.

Just lazy people trying to get away with what you will let them get away with for their shoddy work.Good Luck!!!!

THESE INSTALLATION COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED.I have a proposal, and their literature and verbal information is really good, compared to Lowes, whom I am also thinking about.

Just before I called them to go ahead, I decided to look at the complaints on this web site and glad I did. I plan to confront them about the problems.

Incidentally,their window guarantee is better than Lowes, in that they guarantee free replacement to include LABOR life.But if they can't stand up, then the warranty is no good if you can't find them.

a few years back we had 4 windows installed , I took the trim boards off today to instal new walls and found that the installers never even caulked around the windows!It sure didn't do me anygood to pay extra for the better windows if they didn't even fill the 1/4 to 3/8's in gaps around the windows I feel air blowing thru no wonder that back hall is so freekin cold in this Wisconsin Winter.

Man I wish I had done more research before going with the lowest bidder.Guess I'll have to chalk this one up to experience.

I thought I made a good decision plus the salesman new my bro-in-law so thought we might actually get good customer service and a good install. Boy was I wrong. First the install guys didn't clean up AT ALL. They were using a crowbar to HAMMER out the windows.

I should have stopped them right there. Second they damaged sheetrock on just about every window frame. They used caulk to fill in the holes. I called them on that and they sent someone out to fix...halfway decent job on that.

Third, they damaged the siding around ALL of my windows. They have sent no less than 5 people out to look at it. NOTHING has been done yet.

Unfortunately, I did the financing for 12 months so they already have their money.Live and learn my friends...live and learn.

North Shore, Auckland, New Zealand #320887

I'm just so frustrated right now.I'm normally really good doing my research.

I had Window World do a window installation job today and the work is awful. Luckily they were not able to finish due to the weather. This is my opportunity to reach out to a home inspector, city code representative and BBB then a lawyer. There is at least 2 inches left from the trim and the window and caulk used to fill it in.

I refuse to pay them until they correct all 5 windows. My power and gas bill was low but with this job it will go thru the roof. I can't believe this company is operating with such poor workmanship. There is broken glass in side my house, the window in my master bathroom won't lock and I can pull it out of the frame.

Not to mention the damage they caused to the frame. I'm going to see if, I can get the inspector out her by no later than Tuesday. I'm just so upset and I can't stop crying about how my home is destroyed by these people not to mention the lack of concern about my time and money. The installer called me at 9:30am to say he would be at my home at 10am.

Well he called be back at 10:38 to say they stopped for a *** to eat. They did not arrive to my home until 11:45 am.

That should have been my opportunity to say that was ok and just loose half the down payment.:cry

Window world is a JOKE!! They play like they care but really they have your money and move on to the next sucker!!

My husband and I ordered a crank bay window and 4 double hung windows.It seems to me that the main problem is with their double hung windows.

We have 1/2 an inch of flack, you can move the window up and down when it is locked. That is very unacceptable. When I addressed these issues, they sent someone out and then that person told me that the window sashes were made too small for the frame and that they would have to be manufactured again. I called the next day to see how everything was going on my re-order and Don from Window World of Omaha told me that there wasn't a problem and that I was full of it.

He said that the manufacturer claims there is supposed to be up to 1/4 inch of flack. I told him it was 1/2 an inch and he told me his guy said it wasn't true. Even though his guy had just been at my home the day before and admitted it to be true and told my husband and I that there was a problem. I haven't even had the windows 4 days and they won't stand by there warranty.

I told the guy that I could feel a breeze coming through these windows and if they weren't replaced to be as I ordered, then I would have no choice but to dispute the credit card charge & file an initial complaint with the better business bureau. I gave him a warning because my intention is to have them fixed, not to be stuck with them. I did not threaten him. I told him that this was a problem that I spent $5,000.00 on and I was disgusted and needed it fixed.

Don then...

He was yelling at me and telling me that I was full of myself and that there wasn't anything wrong with my windows.I am filing a harassment complaint with his company, with the attorney general, with the better business bureau, among other resources.

STAY AWAY FROM WINDOW WORLD.

#220426

I would like to know what/if any compensation has been made to any of these people who have complaints right now. I am in the beginning stages of filing a complaint with the BBB/Consumer Protection and Attorney General...curious to know if anyone has had their issues resolved to their satisfaction.

Well we got screwed too..we live in a modular home and wanted to get new windows in it before having siding installed.They put the window INSERTS?

WTH? I have NEVER heard of that...they had told my husband about 1/2 in in from the original ones but some are as much as 2 inches from the house frame work. They even put one window on the woodwork of the inside of the house! Looks horrible!

And called them yesterday and they don't care at all!

What a rip off.Calling BBB.

#202306

window world of beckley,wva.is the wrong place to go and get siding.

they are very rude and offer no samples at all.

I just wonder what kind of work they will do when it is fin ally installed.they don't advertise they go by your family,friends and neighbors ,I sure wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase from them, my mistake, and i learn from my mistakes as well.