Ocean City, Maryland

My husband and I hired Window World to replace our siding and windows. Most were average windows, 2 were glass block and 1was a bay window.

The measurements taken for the bay window wasn't correct. The installation crew leader called the manager to inform him and was told to cut the hole to fit the window. First off nobody asked my husband or myself if we wanted our house to be cut into before proceeding to do so. The crew leader pulled out a long bladed saw and proceeded to slash into the front of the house.

He didn't measure or mark the area before cutting, he just slashed left to right then right to left until he felt it was good. Only problem is when he put the window in there was a gaping hole underneath it. I asked if he was going to fix it and he said yes. He pulled out a tube of caulk and proceeded to fill the very large hole in.

I've since learned that caulk shrinks up within a few years leaving the large hole open. It's also not an insulation and cold air comes through the hole into the house in the winter and my vapor barrier is gone along with the wall that was cut out. In addition to the damage to my house from the bad installation job the bay window leaked water inside. I called to report it and the gentleman said he knew what was happening with the leak and he'd swing by to fix it.

The gentleman came by but didn't let me know he was here until he was gone. When I checked to see how he fixed it the bottom of my bay window was all messed up. What should be pretty was made saggy and droopy underneath.

It's really embarrassing as it's seen by anyone outside. Not long after that I started seeing commercials for Window Nation but not for Window World so I mistakenly thought they went under due to shoddy work and reopened as Window Nation.

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I don't want to give all my personal info on the comment board so I'll leave my email so that Window World can contact me about the Shoddy installation should they wish to. tweetybird10155@comcast.net