Window World - Windows improperly installed, leak from window in kitchen.
Update added by user Aug 01, 2015
Some of the issues were resolved on 7-29-2015, but additional issues were created. Debris left in some areas and cracked siding near front window that was re installed.
Original review posted by user Aug 01, 2015
Had these windows installed in 2008.Noticed a leak in the kitchen.
After several calls and visits, I find out these windows are not installed properly, no J Channels, just flat flashing up against the outside windows. A total of 8 sashes being replaced because of argon leak, one more waiting to be ordered. Most of the repair work was redone on July 29, 2015. The cleanup wasn't as thorough.
Siding on window in front has a tear in it from installation. Sharp material from kitchen window in kitchen drain disposal, had to get tongs to remove from drain. I think I see a piece of window cuttings sitting on top of roof next to window repair. Downstairs bedroom debris wasn't cleaned up.
With the mix up on the initial order of these windows, they have cost me quite a lot and I am still paying.first image is cracked siding, 2nd-paint peeling from water leakage, 3rd-debris left in corner of roof and 4-terrible finishing job being replaced by current installers.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Water damage
- Incompetent service
- Lack of customer service
- That i had to do all the follow-up
- Reason of review:
- quite a few of the above and waiting for final resolution.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Window World Vinyl Windows
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "When my dad said he was paying over 2k for two upper runs & a downspout I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted our house to..."
- "have complained to them many many times since installing in 2012. Every window they installed leaks....and badly now. The installers didn't any Z Flashing on the windows when..."
- "Marvin Windows are ***. Window's 11 years old have rotted frames. I've had a Marvin installer inspect the installation and was told that they were installed correctly. Not only has..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "I placed my order on November 4, 2015. I received it December 1, 2015. I ordered a shirt from another site and received it 2 days later. Clothing materials are..."
- "I sent back for repair/replace my Bluetooth headset HBS 850 , after 7 business days (5-7 business days is their rule), I started to call them...every other day. Why? Because..."
- "This is a fake company and a scam. Please stay away. There is zero customer service. You are lucky if your product is not defective. We bought toilets from them...."