3.3

Fond Window World installing windows that they had a permit for at a location in my Village that I am Code Officer for. I advised them not to stuff fiberglass insulation around the small openings around the window.

I advised them that it should be a Low Expansion Foam to fill this to stop air infiltration. They stated that that is how they do it and would keep on doing it that way. I placed a Stop Work order on the Job and they kept working anyway. I had the local police show up and advise them to stop work.

Window World called and asked if they could just place the windows in as the old windows had been removed and would properly seal them latter on. I agreed, but when I stopped back a few hours latter they installed them the way they wanted and left.

I advised the home owner that I would not close out the Window permit as I did not due a final inspection and the windows were not installed according to Code. If the owner ever wants to re finance or sell, this open permit will flag the deal.

Product or Service Mentioned: Window World Window Installation.

Reason of review: poor installation .

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 09, 2016.

Comments