A little over a year ago we purchased a house with the contingency that the large picture window be replaced due to leaking. The previous owner ordered a window from Window World which took 6 weeks to arrive and install.

A few weeks ago when we had 4 straight days of rain, I looked below the window randomly and noticed water on my dry wall again. I called Window World and they promptly told me that the warranty wasn't transferred into our name so they would not be liable for any damage to the window or installation issues, we would be responsible for that. Even the previous owner who I had been in contact with said that being the new home owners, they should honor the warranty since they never told him that he needed to transfer it into our name - he was under the same assumption that we were, that the warranty was on the house/address....not who purchased it at the time.

Window World is refusing to honor the so-called warranty and was terrible rude when I questioned this. I will never use or recommend Window World to anyone.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of window world window installation from Window World. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Window World to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Window World for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Upper Marlboro, Maryland, United States #1229222

Maybe the seller of the house negotiated a lower price for the window, if Window World deleted the house-lifetime guarantee? Could that be? This might have saved him $100, maybe?