Resolved
Turnaround Time

Update by user Sep 15, 2016

Hi,

UPDATE ON WINDOW WORLD!

They called today and came out to re-measure the Windows. I MISS UNDERSTOOD thinking that the Windows are measured as full tear outs, when actually they are measured as replacement windows.

They only measure the size of the existing window, not the whole opening. We were replacing our windows as full tear outs because some of the wood had dry rot, and just assumed that Window World measured the whole opening.

I AM APOLOGIZING TO WINDOW WORLD FOR MY PREVIOUS REVIEW!

The Windows are nice, and well constructed. Please disregard my previous review as it was my own misunderstanding.

Original review posted by user Sep 13, 2016

We had ordered our windows from Window World, in the hopes of having them installed by their installers.

My husband ended up losing hours at his job, so was unable to pay for the windows, and installation. I called and spoke to Cierra at the Indianapolis office.

She said that our windows were already finished and that the truck was coming to deliver to the office within the week Lie! so was unable to cancel the order, but said that she would *** the installation charge for now, I said that is fine and let her charge my credit card for the windows. We waited 3 more weeks for the windows to show up. When finally Cierra called and said that we could come and get our windows. We still could not afford the installation of the Windows.We picked them up and put them in the Garage until we had extra funds to come through which never happened.

We decided to call them back and see if we could install the windows ourselves, and she said yes but, that we would not get the warranty. I said that is fine, we just want the windows in before Winter. We took one of the windows out of the Garage and noticed that it was 2 1/2" to short on all 4 sides, all of our window openings measure 41 1/2" that is minus the 1/2" per sides but received windows that were 39" We wanted one of the openings that currently had 2 windows in it to be one big window, it is the same size as all of the other windows, and that window was 37" x 81 making it 4 1/2" to short on top and bottom and 2" to short in length on both sides. I called Cierra back and asked if we could have someone come out and re-measure the windows, because they are not the right size, She said unless we pay for the installation to have the windows put in she was not going to ding the measurements incorrect. Cierra spoke with the Owner and he said that their salesman measured the windows, and the measurements are correct per their installers, but that if we pay for the installation which is $800.00 then he will send someone back out to re-measure, but if we install them ourselves then he is not going to send anyone out to re-measure. This is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard, the measurements are wrong no matter who were to install them, wrong is wrong and they should own up to it. My husband has been working Construction for 20 years, and I have been working Construction for 8 years, we know how to measure. I am now going to report them to the BBB and am presently speaking with an attorney on this matter. I will come back to this page to upload photos so you can see just how small the windows are.

This reviewer shared experience about "wrong size" and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $875. The author is overall dissatisfied with Window World. The most disappointing about window world window installation from Window World was customer service , but reviewer liked look of the windows. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Window World.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Windows and Doors category for more informed decision or compare Window World to other companies on our site.

Comments